Truenotch's Suzuki T90 Wolf - rare 2 stroke obsession

Truenotch

5 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

Damn cool bike ! There is a old boy down here that has one that turns up on small bike rides and it sounds so cool !

Just sold a n.o.s headlight for one of these for $120 and that was probably pretty cheap compared to what I know others had paid for them

Awesome! I'm hoping to get to a ride or two before the end of the year. Hopefully I get it howling up to the original 68mph (best around the block was 70kph, but it'll get there). 

Found a headlight and gauge assembly from a T125 for $50. I've bought it and hope it will arrive this week. 

1140535932.jpg.b2b41c63a8a8bf309e053b0af30cb8eb.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just got my hands on a T90 wolf. I wish it was as good a condition as yours so Ive got lots to do. Seat frame and cover buggered and pipes has bad surface rust. Engine is in bits so dont know how bad yet. only just started work but am enjoying it so far. Good luck with yours and maybe if parts come up for sale we can keep in contact.

Theo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That’s awesome @Theo! They are very cool little bikes. 

Mine is very complete, which is lucky. It will still need quite a bit of love to get it back to its best and I’m looking forward to the resto. 

Mine will need a mild engine rebuild at least. It seems like at least one crank seal is misbehaving and I’m sure it could do with a set of rings or even oversized pistons. 

Is yours a high pipe or low pipe version?

Definitely keep in touch if you find parts. I’ll do the same. 

• 3 years later...

The green bike without the carbs was bought by me. It obviously needed a full restoration including  a crankshaft rebuild with one new bearing and the three seals. Also fitted were last oversized pistons and rings +1 MM. I am guessing but I think it was parked up because the petrol tap filter was blocked with rust flakes from the petrol tank. Yes, parts are extremely expensive and so is polishing and plating. The model was only made for three years so yes, they're thin on the ground. Here is the video of it's restoration. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toycollector10 said:

The green bike without the carbs was bought by me. It obviously needed a full restoration including  a crankshaft rebuild with one new bearing and the three seals. Also fitted were last oversized pistons and rings +1 MM. I am guessing but I think it was parked up because the petrol tap filter was blocked with rust flakes from the petrol tank. Yes, parts are extremely expensive and so is polishing and plating. The model was only made for three years so yes, they're thin on the ground. Here is the video of it's restoration. 

Well it obviously found a good home, because WOW, you've done an outstanding job with the resto!

If I'd bought it, it would still be in barn find condition in my garage.

I'm moving to the South Island, so the Wolf will go to my Dad's garage soon. He's pretty excited to start on restoring it. 

• Like 1

I had a set of carbs - 18mm bore from memory. Which probably means 90cc model. Pretty sure I tossed them in one of the boxes i brought to the new place so may still have them. I'll keep my eyes open for them and if I find them they'll be giveaways.

I was looking at using them on a bucket twin but they're too small.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GregT said:

I had a set of carbs - 18mm bore from memory. Which probably means 90cc model. Pretty sure I tossed them in one of the boxes i brought to the new place so may still have them. I'll keep my eyes open for them and if I find them they'll be giveaways.

I'd be very keen for spare carbs if you find them :) 

On 25/05/2023 at 16:23, GregT said:

Went hunting through boxes today looking for my die grinder and bits. No carbs sorry. Must have gone to scrap.

• Sad 1