VK327S 1986 VK Royale with Boost - Discussion

vk327

Cheers,  was super happy with how it went, I had only driven it about 400km and dyno time (and about 10km on the replacement gearbox)  before doing gumboot.  will  be good to  see what it can do once i sort the wastegate out, the valiant do the whole run no problems?

• 2 months later...
On 01/12/2019 at 11:30, Ashkellybarr said:

Hoist question, I’m wanting to put one at mine but would need to be outdoor on slab like yours.

what did it cost you? You get a company to do all of it and sign it off?

dose the hoist need a cover or is it fine outside?

cheers

I done the concrete myself, im on swampy ground so has 5x 3.6m piles concreted in under the center area with a 200mm thickening and 200 thick ring beam footing around the edge of the pad, was almost 4 cube of concrete which worked out about $900, hoist is a motorex base model $2100 delivered, 

So far been mint just keep it lubed well with spray grease, made a weather cover for the hydraulic pack and is all good 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vk327 said:

I done the concrete myself, im on swampy ground so has 5x 3.6m piles concreted in under the center area with a 200mm thickening and 200 thick ring beam footing around the edge of the pad, was almost 4 cube of concrete which worked out about $900, hoist is a motorex base model $2100 delivered, 

So far been mint just keep it lubed well with spray grease, made a weather cover for the hydraulic pack and is all good 

Nice work! Cheers

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Vk304 said:

What diff you running in this? 

VL v8 lsd disc brake diff, will be getting upgraded to  trutrac center soon and 31 spline axles to  handle future plans for big power (might shorten it 30mm each side as well), will also be getting  a macdonald bros 4 link and viking coilover setup. currently has 3.23:1 gears, thinking about dropping in the 3.45s i have, give it a bit more off the line

13 minutes ago, j.e.d. said:

@vk327 love the colour and that headliner is awesome.. was that custom made?

yeah scott at elite motor trimmer made it up, the original was pretty manky , will be doing the rest of the interior next year, theme of 80s couch more brown vinyl & lots of brown velour

2 hours ago, vk327 said:

VL v8 lsd disc brake diff, will be getting upgraded to  trutrac center soon and 31 spline axles to  handle future plans for big power (might shorten it 30mm each side as well), will also be getting  a macdonald bros 4 link and viking coilover setup. currently has 3.23:1 gears, thinking about dropping in the 3.45s i have, give it a bit more off the line

Awesome man, i was thinking of getting one of them true trac style/mace torque lock 28 spline centers for mine. Whats your power goal?

iv got a 28 spline harrop/eaton truetrac in the HQ  10bolt salilsbury works well, i snapped a factory axle a little while ago so that needs some billet axles to beef that up , aiming to be somewhere around 7-800rwhp, will be a different engine combo tho

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding your engine woes,

there was a clever fellow who used to post on a forum which i used to frequent.

He once reckoned that these motors made more power with a smaller oversize due to bore wall deflection. Given youre going to be forcing it down it its throat, (and you gotta build a new engine anyway) that might be a consoderation when selecting your replacement block.