Ke35 EFI fuel delivery???

TarasKe35

Hello guys n gals, currently working on a long time project, just stuck on fuel delivery, converting from carb to efi, n hoping there's someone to point me in the right direction. The motor has been changed from a 2T to a 2T-geu, I'm just wondering if there's a set up I could do without changing the stock fuel tank?? Don't mind getting a surge tank etc. just needing some ideas. thank you

ke351.jpg

• Like 1

oh, yeah. Thank you. I currently external filter, efi fuel pump, to regulator, return-less. It works, so theoretically could just leave it at that for the moment I guess? Just thought that was a dodgy set up, haha. Will still probably go down the lift pump and surge tank route. Do you know if it would work from standard fuel tank > filter > lift pump > surge tank > efi pump > regulator return to surge tank? Don't know why I find fuel delivery confusing, but I do. Thank you though. 

I would route the return back to the tank. If you keep recirculating the same fuel it might heat up. Also if your  surge tank has no overflow/return and the lift pump gets dead headed they're quieter than if they're free manging all the time.*

*or so I'm told.

• Thanks 1

not the same as a KE, but in my KP i put a new feed and return into the stock plate, so tank is 100% original, just modified this bit
IMG_20151112_115939.jpg

Then i ran a filter and a pump externally, as well as some new lines for the feed and return. Another filter in the engine bay, and thats all really.
works mint and was reasonably easy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in my corona i drilled a hole in the side of the tank near the base and fitted an AN bulkhead fitting with a 45 degree fitting on the inside to get the pickup as low as possible. and then hooked that up to a filter > external fuel pump > fuel rail > regulator then used the original fuel line as the return. 

the only problem i have is that the fuel pump is higher than the level of the tank sometimes, so has been knowed to unprime itself. but i think this is more to do with the second hand 80s celica supra pump i used, ill upgrade to something actually new and it should have a little better suction. but fuel pumps dont like sucking up fuel very much. i may also install a check valve so it helps maintain its prime. 

super easy and a kind of cheap and shitty way to do it. i was in a hurry to get the efi engine in for my wedding, but has posed no problems to far so ill probably keep it that way.