Chassis strip, prep and seal

Ashkellybarr

On 22/08/2019 at 21:26, S124AB said:

I used Automotive Blasting in Pukekohe a few years ago to do a car for me.

Worth talking to as well.

Nothing wrong with Autoblast, but heard from a number of people he's bloody expensive.

yes on autoblast being expensive. 

got my car done somewhere else at half of there quote 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThePog said:

$1500, that is a lwb safari chassis, plus a subframe, plus a 2.5m X 1.8m deck.

It's a no brainer, shit will last forever, plus I truly hate the thought of things rusting after my no doubt shithouse efforts to paint it after all the work I have put in.

Yeah that’s pretty good! Mine will be bare frame and that’s it so might be even cheaper. Thanks for the input

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You'll save money for sure. You'll likely also spread silica dust as far as you can see and get pissed off while doing so. Post results either way :P 

I'd be paying the money and having it done within a week, with no effort required on my part. I pick and choose my DIY battles, that job wouldn't be one of them unless I had all the PPE and a filtered spray booth. I have neither. Same reason i'm paying bank for coilovers, i'd rather just pay the guys that do it daily than trial and error it myself. 2c and all that.

• Like 1

Nah agreed! I just don’t have that kind of money atm and have most of the gear to do it.

ive already got load of DP40 and 2K Black so would only need to get stuff for inside the rail. That and being a 4wd I don’t care to much what it looks like so will just spray outside on the lawn on a sunny day haha

• Like 1