J21'S '83 Toyota Corona MKII Wags Discussion.

jackeo21

17 hours ago, jackeo21 said:

If it makes any difference, when I jack the car up/lower it down the wheels almost don't move. Stays the same height on or off the ground. Shocks are set to the stiffest setting although setting them to the lowest makes bugger all difference. I feel like this is pretty standard knowledge but I'm learning! :) suspension isn't my thing.

If you are jacking the car up via the body or chassis then the wheels should drop down at least 40mm, if they dont drop then the shocks have no 'droop' travel  ie they are at full extension at ride height. This can make a car ride nearly as bad as sitting on the bump stops  

• Like 2

Bouncy Bouncy fixed now,

VX commodore wagon shocks make it a dream to drive :)

Although now if put on a hoist the diff droops down heaaaaaps so I need to find something shorter I guess, but it's way better.

Full new exhaust installed today, 2 inch all the way with a couple mufflers. Keeps it pretty quiet but it's good for daily use and abuse. Local Place did an awesome job.

Have planned a Coromandel drive/getaway last night for upcoming labour weekend, all smiles and fun until my diff really started fucking out tonight. The whining has gotten far louder all of a sudden, even though it has plenty of diff oil. Yay!

Diff is coming out tomorrow. New diff housing is different. Mint.

Will have to swap head and axles over before friday. Never done a diff, but dad has, so should be alright.

Crossed fingers.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, rb drifter said:

Glad to see that sedan went to good use, I know of the guy that had it. He had it a fair few years I was quite surprised to see it for sale. Loving the wagon though mate shes looks a beauty

Parting it was my last resort, I was hoping to sell it as a rolling body but with space and time constraints I couldn't get a buyer. Thankfully I'm able to use a majority of the parts. Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tender Raisin said:

Glad to see you took on this wagon. I will follow the progress of the JZ swap. I Have one sitting in the garage for when my 1g gives up.

sidenote - you don't have any spare sedan taillights you would be interested in selling?

I've already got someone after them but if that falls through you're first in line.

When my engine lifter comes back I'll be putting the JZ on a stand and getting into it. It's high kms but I'll be avoiding a rebuild and just doing your normal service items.

Hoping the swap isn't super complicated haha. Seems it's just engine mounts and wiring.

• Like 2