Fault codes - help

rusty360

1 hour ago, Ranter said:

I'd be weary of that transmission one as those Mazdas do give trans trouble.

Yeah, brother-in-law just had the trans control unit replaced on an early Mazda 3, gave a similar code, occasionally wouldn't change up from 3rd, but would run normally after stopping.  Took a while for the problem to get frequent enough for him to note the circumstances/pattern to describe it to the Mazda workshop.

5 hours ago, locost_bryan said:

Yeah, brother-in-law just had the trans control unit replaced on an early Mazda 3, gave a similar code, occasionally wouldn't change up from 3rd, but would run normally after stopping.  Took a while for the problem to get frequent enough for him to note the circumstances/pattern to describe it to the Mazda workshop.

Was it scary expensive?

Could take it to a Mazda garage and have them scan it / give you estimates perhaps. Dealership might get more detailed info from the ECU. I know when I had my van scanned yonks ago (not Mazda) they could tell exact details of the fault, when it happened and all that jazz. From the fault code they knew the part that had failed/ was intermittently failing.

On 14/08/2019 at 16:32, Bling said:

Could take it to a Mazda garage and have them scan it / give you estimates perhaps. Dealership might get more detailed info from the ECU. I know when I had my van scanned yonks ago (not Mazda) they could tell exact details of the fault, when it happened and all that jazz. From the fault code they knew the part that had failed/ was intermittently failing.

Have spoken to mazda they said they will get the same codes if they are there.

• Like 1