Truenotch

oldschool drag day 2019 discussion

1 hour ago, Avenga said:

Entered and paid!! Just doing new heads and cams on the Avenger wagon, so it will be interesting to see if I can beat my old time of 13.2

:oThose sound like serious upgrades. Keen to see how it goes. 

• Like 2

Just done the clutch in the 69 Alfa spider but has a couple things we need to look at,

clutch really really needs doing in the afla Montreal but if I can get that sorted I’ll be keen to bring it. Don’t hold ya breath cause I think we’ll need a new flywheel too

• Like 1

Is there still space in this to enter my E36 328i? Have a friend who might be keen to enter as well.

14 hours ago, M M said:

Is there still space in this to enter my E36 328i? Have a friend who might be keen to enter as well.

Yip, go for it. 

This weekend will be the decider if i make it to drags or not... going to start rust repairs on the Celeste and hopefully get it running on 18psi (last year was only on 5psi :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rich1179 said:

This weekend will be the decider if i make it to drags or not... going to start rust repairs on the Celeste and hopefully get it running on 18psi (last year was only on 5psi :D

Rust repairs was the death of my Celeste. Good luck. 

11 hours ago, Mr Vapour said:

Rust repairs was the death of my Celeste. Good luck. 

Positive thoughts, got a few days off so hopefully. If all goes wrong I have the civic and a spair shell :)

Hey @Truenotch - My brother, @madaz62 has entered / paid for him to race his 323 wagon - but he can't make it now.  

Is it ok for me to take his entry?  Any paperwork required? or sweet to bring same car on the day with different driver?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldrx7 said:

Hey @Truenotch - My brother, @madaz62 has entered / paid for him to race his 323 wagon - but he can't make it now.  

Is it ok for me to take his entry?  Any paperwork required? or sweet to bring same car on the day with different driver?

Hey, that's sweet as. No need for any special paperwork. I'll make a note of it. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kiwisurf said:

Whats the clothing requirement to race? All it mentions is covered shoes? No overalls or long pants?

Correct. Helmet, shoes, not much else (people race in a T shirt and shorts). 

On 19/08/2019 at 11:38, SHGWAG said:

Oooo this could be fun.

Will see if the car is still in one piece after  the November Comp meets - will bring it up if it is.

:rolleyes: Well, it's in several pieces now.. :rolleyes:

Might enter on the day if parts arrive in time.

40 minutes ago, SHGWAG said:

:rolleyes: Well, it's in several pieces now.. :rolleyes:

Might enter on the day if parts arrive in time.

Hopefully you get it sorted :) . You'll be able to take it easy and do 11s without breaking anything...... 

5 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Hopefully you get it sorted :) . You'll be able to take it easy and do 11s without breaking anything...... 

Should have them tomorrow according to the supplier :)

• Like 1