Fancy new school engine won't go?

RUNAMUCK

So the Mrs pride and joy has been getting a birthday after a seven plus year park up. It ran when parked, #ranwhenparked  but when we began trying to put it back on the road, it no go.

car is an EF8 crx with a B16A. 

The fuel pump was stone dead. I bought a new one and installed it.(Yay for rockauto!) Fuel.tank was badly caked with fuel scale. Had it chemically cleaned out. New fuel filter. Fresh gas.

new pump made the right noises, but when cranking the engine would only give the odd fire. 

Then I got paranoid that being from 'Murica the pump might not be an EFI pressure one.  Last night I rigged up a pressure gauge and tested the fuel pressure. Came up to what you'd expect for EFI.

about the only other thing I can think of is maybe the injectors are blocked to shit with old gas. Before I hook them out and have them cleaned, what other things might cause this problem?

I know what most bits on the engine do, but there's some of the white man's magic in there is mysterious to me.

I can't imagine fuel sitting in an injector for years will do it any favours / might end up like the fuel tank. Free test is good. Although it could still be blocked even if operating well in this test (sound wise).

/ling

I dropped the injectors off to get serviced this morning.  It used to honk out a monster cloud of black when the 'Tec kicked in. So there's no harm in optimising their performance.  Nice spray pattern should improve fuel economy too. 

• Like 3