new school mopar engine mount questions

BlownCorona

Hi mopar experts. 

I have a quick questions, you can buy "project car" engine mount kits for the new gen 5.7 hemi engine for fuck all out of the states.

now im putting the not so flash 4.7 dodge motor into my car, and wondered if anyone knows do they share the same block mounting pattern? as in could i use the 5.7 kit, bolt it to my 4.7 and weld it into the car.

the internet hasn't been much help, but i did find out the 5.7 and the 4.7 use the same transmission, so a hemi swap down the line could be an option, especially if the mounts are the same. 

Ive been looking into them and im not convinced that true, it looks like the early engines were manufactured at Daimler. but a lot of resources on internet claim its a new Chrysler design, that said, it does appear to be a separate design from the 5.7 at any rate so i do doubt the mount kit will fit, although it may still be cheaper to mod the 5.7 kit than it is to buy all the parts on their own. are there universal mount kits available  locally?

also note the twin spark plugs i never noticed! 16 fucking spark plugs!

im certainly no expert though, but this page has alot of info  https://www.allpar.com/mopar/47.html  

the seem to go alright, not over quick in the truck, and who knows what the economy is like. 

dont suppose you have any contacts in the mopar world with access to wiring diagrams? Armstrong prestige told me they have then but wouldn't give them to me. 

cunts, i used to dish that info out no problem when i was at bmw. 

• Like 2

the dude helping me seems to have a direct line to the dodge system where ever he works. i asume a dodge dealership, or an auto sparky. 

ill dump all the info he gives me in my build thread once ive got it all and hopefully any other people can find that info that simply wasn't freely available. 

although he called my project ambitious... i told him thats how we like it in NZ

• Like 5