SOHC's 74 Suzuki TS250

SOHC

Got a new DR kick start lever on trademe, it should arrive in the post, got the oil seals and bearings all in apart from gear change shaft and kickstarter shaft, gearbox is together and crank case halves bolted together and clutch and primary drive is all on, gearshift ratchet paul system is together and timed, totally blowen my budget and I still need a throttle, grips, rim tapes inner tubes, rear tire chain and sprockets, seat base and foam and paint petrol tank  

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main jet on this carb mounts sideways parallel with the road into the bottom of the float bowl and where it normally screws in is just a brass tube with an O ring, fuck knows why they did this, possible to make changing jets easy?, it also has two floats that are not joined, they can close the needle valve individually, this would allow the bike to keep running if it falls over?     

• Like 1

Its almost impossible to find a throttle thats not shitty and has the cable coming out parallel with the fork leg and what bike shops there are now do not keep things like that in stock anymore, I want a handle bar pad with the thing that velcros on with some chequered flag but they are now obsolete because dirtbikes don't use that style of handle bar anymore, I feel old. 

• 3 weeks later...

Stupidly I sent the old seat base to the scrap, I needed to cut a couple parts off it witch I now have to make, I have beaten out a new seat pan from steel, Need to find the correct kind of foam to use, I am thinking if there is a derelict car somewhere in the bush if it didn't smell of piss I could laminate the seat foam.   

I put wite vinegar in the petrol tank to get out what I thought was a little rust but it turns out the tank was really rusty on one edge, after a cople hours welding I could not get all the pinholes so as a last resort I got some KBS fuel tank sealer, the KBS Rust Blast product is very good, its so fast, much better than the POR 15 stuff, tank sealer is the same I would say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ill try and get some more photos at some stage but I painted the tank and guards in rustoliuam yellow, made a seat,  made the little brass bits to go on the ends of the cables, old ones were worn out, got a throttle and fitted that with some new grips.

I just need a rear tire and chain and sprockets,  bike uses a #525 chain, rear sprocket is impossible to find so I am thinking of making a plate to bolt on a much more common sprocket as I want to run a 50 tooth, I could use one from a modern MX bike       

• Like 2