SOHC's 74 Suzuki TS250

SOHC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not bad inside, big end is still really good but it has been exposed to moisture and that makes it suspect. and gears look ok, outer clutch pushrod is fucked, I found one of those things I broke to, Suzuki had 2 of them.  

005BD075-6556-4BB6-82E9-C1319F3FCC90.jpeg

904C246B-BA32-4DC7-898F-03DD49EC20BC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its going to be all go on this soon, I am going to hit it hard, I will get the engine underway with all new bearings, seals, gaskets, rod + piston kit + rebore.

I will probably go off on a tangent but I want to get the engine done before I rip the rest of the bike apart witch I started to do.

• Like 2

This evening I removed all the brackets from the TS frame to turn it into a TM frame, I also welded up the pillion footrest mount holes in the swing arm and shortened and bent the rear frame loop up more, frame is ready for blasting and painting. I am going to be lazy and the swing arm and shocks can stay on, I will take it apart after blasting and painting and clean the shit out as I will be replacing the bearings anyway, shocks will go to the scrap. 

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

• Like 8

Ordered most of the engine bits, having trobble finding a TM kick start lever and TM cylinder head. Frame is also at the blasters and will get Duropox chassis paint.

Also trying to find some rear shocks that are 340mm eye to eye with a 12mm hole.

• Like 2

I should have some photos soon but, had to fuck around with one bearing in the gearbox as when I shrunk the new one in it was going tight, but its good now with a FAG bearing.

Frame should be finished by Friday and cylinder is off being bored and this morning I dropped the crank shaft to get the new rod kit fitted and got a call this afternoon and thats done, main bearings are still on the way from japan as with seals, and one needle roller bearing I gad to get from the USA. also been making a steel blanking cover for the neutral switch.

I got a can of CRC gasket stripper, that shit will do everything apart from what its intended for, petrol thank is now totally bare steel.    

• Like 1

One side of the engine is finished, the other side has the odd genuine only bearings on order, polished the forks, took one apart, front brake plate needs a boss welded up for the cable stop as it’s broken, had to fix the side stand as it had been touching the chain and that had cut it in half up the middle for about 40mm, other than that it’s just cleaning huge amounts of old oil and dirt off, this must of been used on a farm as the amount of grass seas soaked in oil was about 30mm thick, 

4AA57F39-5746-4AE0-ABE6-B059BBD40972.jpeg

CF7F4696-A54D-4CD8-B9D7-559C960ED29C.jpeg

• Like 4

I got Darth vapour in Henderson to blast and paint the frame, I got the wheels done as the chrome was bad, I might paint the spokes silver lol, they Are too good to cut out the spoke and scrap the rims.

getting the frame painted with the bottom yoke and swing arm on turned out to be a not so good idea, I cant get ether off.

DA93A3F3-D618-478E-8AC8-2EDC1A453134.jpeg

• Like 4

fitted the swing arm back on this morning with all the sand cleaned out and new grease and O rings, and managed to get the top nut off for the yoke after much heating, I was fitting the new ProX steering head bearings and the bottom one did not fit on the lower yoke spigot because some cunt has been fucking around with the bearing kit and changed the lower bearing for an All Balls bearing, rang the bike shop and they are going to get me a new kit.    

• Sad 1