SOHC's 74 Suzuki TS250

SOHC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my bike, its not as bad as it looks, it hasn't been apart I think and it is just rusty, the guy just sprayed everything silver, I recovered the cost of most of the bike by selling the exhaust and the rest of the stuff in the pile. 

BC289FEB-D298-4301-B952-49D131533500.jpg

68B3944C-8FD0-471E-BD34-1A690C82A9B6.jpg

• Like 4

1st I will make a down sweaped exhaust, I think the yellow bike has an expatiation chamber from a late model MX bike witch has a wedge cut out to make it straight? also I need to get some guards, my old work as alloy guards like on the yellow bike but I might just go with plastic and paint them, I am thinking Suzuki TF125 mud bug front guard with the mudflap removed, if anyone has one? still looking for ideas for a rear guard      

Also a pair of TF125 rear shocks would work, was someone here buying one for the front forks?

d53382daf42be2315d9180337f1bc9d6.jpg

af024aabdffd5e1d9e884d7d99f45054.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new TM reproduction mud guards today, will mock them up tonight, also found the bike had thrown the chain off and it has broken the plastic cap over the neutral switch and it bent the clutch pushrod, not a major but I now need those 2 parts, don't need a neutral switch but the plastic cap holds the oil in the gearbox. also got the steel to start making the new exhaust.     

• Like 1

Phone has no credit but expansion chamber is mostly finished, its tuned for doing wheelies and fucking peoples grass.

since the chrome if fucked on the rims I might blast the whole wheel and paint the rims black at home and send the frame to a place to be blasted and 2K chassis paint if its cheep. I am trying to find a 1973 TM cylinder head   

• Like 2

I am thinking about getting the rims blasted and painted black as the chrome is bad, this would save alot of time and money, I am wondering if I should mask up the hubs and then get them powder coated? its hard to find a place that will do a good job, I had a real with a place where I was sending lots of frames and parts to get powder coated and I would prime them with PA10 and he would bake them then coat and re bake and $60 a frame, he dose not work there anymore and they will not coat etch primed frames and they want like $200. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I split the cases, gears look ok, everything seems ok but there has been a little moisture in there and the shafts stuck on the bearing and that made the gears and shafts pull out with the wrong side and the shift drum has a detent on the end witch fucking broke the edge, its just the edge to keep a roller on and it might still work but I will try to find another one.  

• Sad 4