Anglia4's Austin 7 Ruby

anglia4

Yeah I happened to get the shop owner who told me there was no such thing as dead stock haha.

I had a line on 5 gaskets for like $150 that someone had on trademe, so I told him if he wanted $95 for this one he could stick it and I'd buy the 5, but that I only need 1, and would rather spend $50 on his one.

He said I was pretty unlucky, cos if i had walked in and got one of "the boys" they probably would have given it to me for nothing haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

There's a local autosparky in town that has a dust covered clear packet containing a roll of self adhesive LED lights for $60. Even the price tag is faded. I'd guess its been there since the day that sort of thing was invented. I lightheartedly told the owner with a smile that you can get these for about $5 on TM or from Ali.  Barry wasn't impressed and said "well go get them there then"

• Like 4

Yeah my workmate didn't believe me that the head was smaller than an A4 sheet of paper until I put it on his desk haha.

I damaged the original gasket a fair bit getting it off, but I agree I could probably use it again if i gave it a straighen up etc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, it would be too easy to spend such a tiny amount of money on a decent starting point and send this one to the crusher... but then it wouldn't be "grandads seven".

As much as I would love to just go and buy a better one :( 

• Like 3