Michael's MS112 Haaardtop

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to sort the slipping A43D yesterday. 

Did a sump drain and fill.

In the morning, I realised being lazy would prob fuck me over so went and bought a filter kit and an extra bottle of DEX III. 

I grabbed some new clamps and a top rad hose to sort the coolant leak too. 5Ms don't need coolant leaks and I doubt they tolerate them either. Swapped the hose, tightened the ho. A+ no leaks. 

I was pretty sure ol mate at Repco would give me the wrong filter kit. He was pretty certain A43DL kit will suit A43D, I didn't think it would and it appears I was right. Pretty sure valve bodies are a little different across most A series autos. Good lesson learnt! Oh well, means I have to go back and do the filter some time, but the sump I managed to clean out and then flush the trans.

I cycled like 6 liters though it so I'm pretty confident it will love life a little more now. 

It pulled MUCH better tonight and I took it for a good wee drive. Success. 

Also, the sump had a magnet sitting in it. I take it this is a thing with autos? I've never done an A-T pan drop before so seeing an object in the pan took me by surprise lmao.

(Yes there were axle stands before I went under it)

48305339952_e006584ab3_c.jpg 

48305340732_d7aea6d64d_c.jpg

48305223416_f5d2eff92b_c.jpg

48305222661_b457b412d1_c.jpg

• Like 6