Michael's MS112 Crown hardtop discussion

Hachi-ichi

I'll kick this off by answering the obvious: "What are you going to do to it"

Well.. First: 

1. Low down. This thread is a gem and I'm referring to it for my up-'n'-coming slam life. If you view the thread and want to tell me "that won't get you that slammed", be sure to  remember I'll likely be on 14's with 50 profile tyres which should yield some extra free slam. 

2. Wheels. I'm thinking some of the following: 

• Rays Volk Racing 370, Super Volks, MK-Is etc
  • p1.jpg?ct=b563fe6475a9
  • rays-super-volk-02.jpg

3. Late model front end & tail lights. This will turn my simple MS112 Crown into a "demon (oni) Crown". This nickname fits the facelifted car and I LOVE the look. I recently noticed that this car looks a LOT like a 61 Cresta which was my ideal car. Cool huh

Toyota-Crown-S112-Super-Volk-Wheels.jpg

4. MS110 sourced digital dash. This is a BIG want

acae889ea6.jpg

• Like 3

The rusted out rails are what the door rubber mounts to. 

There is a rubber that encircles the upper half of the door frame. It allows the window glass to make a seal against the body etc. 

Well, if you pull that rubber seal down toward you, you will find that it isn't glued to the body. 

It's mounted to a metal frame which is screwed to the body along the door frame.

Both front metal frames (L + R) are stuffed on my car which is what I'd like to eventually find. 

I've read that this is a common S11 Crown rust spot and that these frames often cop the most damage...

If you do come across a good pair in your parts cars, don't hesitate to pm me if you are interested in selling!

Oh yeah...

I crucially forgot to mention what I'm doing with the RBMK under the bonnet. 

5M-E although I don't hate, I'd atleast like to satisfy my Twincam wants...

I'm thinking 5M-G or 6M-G mated to a W5* (undecided)

Thoughts?

Would likely be stock with a simple TRUST header and basic mild steel exhaust etc. 

ITB M is cool as shit but I'm realistic in the short term so keeping it level headed haha

82b6e97fb2.jpg

1 hour ago, kiwi808 said:

Nice build thread so far. That digital dash is next level 80’s awesome.

It's pretty sweet huh. 

Funnily enough, one of the things that I pined for most in a Twincam GX61 is the digi dash. 

It looks like this.. Notice how it's nearly identical? haha I picked the perfect Crown for me I reckon..

dsc00429.JPG

• Like 2

Yeah from my minkara / fb / YAJ perusing, I've noticed that the console and pedal are a dick to find. I know a few Crown van would come manual but was told the center console isn't quite the same as 112 / 110 etc (lower spec).

I def 100% want this manual as the gearbox pan sits way too low for my liking. Manual for the purposes of attaining safer low is my preference.

Will chase any leads regarding manual bits haha, pretty keen to begin the part hoarding 

Cool car.
We've got an MS112 with a lunched engine. In that pale blue sort of colour. Still not sure what motor we'll put back in. But it's too nice to scrap so it's in limbo for the moment.
Not busting your balls but just a funny observation - You couldnt find your dream car, so you end up with one that from factory was more expensive and higher specc'd instead!
(Well chassis that is, not trim level)
It's funny how the second hand market can work.
That digidash is rad.

In any case - look forward to seeing how this pans out!
It's amazing how much more modern that facelift version white car you posted looks. 
Could easily be something from the early 90s. 

• Like 1

Just a opinion but the 5MGE with the lock-up auto go sweet as, wouldn't look past it to just get this thing lush as fuck and rolling around. Easier to slam dunk a auto 5MG and build a simple skid plate than manualise this thing tidily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Just a opinion but the 5MGE with the lock-up auto go sweet as, wouldn't look past it to just get this thing lush as fuck and rolling around. Easier to slam dunk a auto 5MG and build a simple skid plate than manualise this thing tidily.

Agree to a large extent, despite that though... I've found a manual console for it today which just needs a recolour. Super cheap too..

1 hour ago, dspec_tt131 said:

I'd look for split hoses on trans and check fluid level. I thought mine in gx61 was toasted until i remembered to check fluid with engine running:ph34r: They seem bulletproof as i drove it for ages like that.....

Yeah I checked level when hot+running and it was bueno, but it 100% needs a change so will do that before committing to binning it