1/24 kitset models

Anythingclassic

Anybody else into these things?

I'd love to see what you guys have built that's NZ styled JDM type custom built kits..

Anybody can follow instructions (cough cough) but let's see your custom kits..

These are a few of my up and coming

the so fucking ugly it's cool citreon

Ae86

DX Corolla (close copy of mates old 12a j port)

Corona coupe

MK2 supra xx

GA70 supra (Copy of my real supra)

IMG_20190701_194606.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

I have a heap I made as a kid in a box and a heap I hope to make one day.

So do I. Some how there is never any time available to do anything with them. Maybe when children move out an area/room can be designated my playroom and I can get back into it.

Always found the lack of available kits of "normal" cars an issue in the late '70s/early '80s. Plenty of exotica but almost nothing that you'd see on the road every day. Wish we'd got the full Airfix range of 1/32 stuff here in New Zealand. All the British car goodness.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2019 at 20:26, Anythingclassic said:

I have a problem with them...

I don't have enough lol

IMG_20190701_200520.jpg

Is that a Morrie Resin body?

I have a box of kitsets I've hoarded over the years for when I get old. Prized possessions are 2 aoshima Mad Max Falcons.

Also, I like that this thread stands apart from Diecasts. Diecasts are gay. Kitsets involve real building and modding.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Bronze said:

Is that a Morrie Resin body?

I have a box of kitsets I've hoarded over the years for when I get old. Prized possessions are 2 aoshima Mad Max Falcons.

Also, I like that this thread stands apart from Diecasts. Diecasts are gay. Kitsets involve real building and modding.

Yes mate it's a Morrie panel Van resin body, I try to collect anything relevant to the "kiwi car scene" bettles/combies/bemas/mercs/and anything I can find jap

IMG_20190612_191659.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, igor said:

So do I. Some how there is never any time available to do anything with them. Maybe when children move out an area/room can be designated my playroom and I can get back into it.

Always found the lack of available kits of "normal" cars an issue in the late '70s/early '80s. Plenty of exotica but almost nothing that you'd see on the road every day. Wish we'd got the full Airfix range of 1/32 stuff here in New Zealand. All the British car goodness.

Yea 1/24 aoshima and fujimi have the best range of jap classics. But ricks models do a range of resin kits too.. have seen monaros/falcons/rx2 coupe and Anglia 105e but gotta be fast on those ones lol

9 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

I like RX-3’s. Plan is to convert one of these to an 808 coupe.75FAE4EA-D6D2-4F77-8761-42623A2C2B4A.thumb.jpeg.80fb2ca966946b4d4b64e32c6033d6b9.jpeg

Don't kill me but my first derby car 1993/94 was an 808 and brother in law did genuine tagged rx4 sedan both had piston motor for derby tho

• Like 3

And this one I've lowered a scale 3 inches and dialed in a bit of camber front and rear. Need to find some suitable wheels for it.

IMG_20190207_133730.thumb.jpg.ad7f9f6e882ca82062a8dae2017fec8a.jpg

I still need to cut out the top of the wheel wells on the chassis piece so the wheels can turn.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a.craw4d said:

And this one I've lowered a scale 3 inches and dialed in a bit of camber front and rear. Need to find some suitable wheels for it.

IMG_20190207_133730.thumb.jpg.ad7f9f6e882ca82062a8dae2017fec8a.jpg

I still need to cut out the top of the wheel wells on the chassis piece so the wheels can turn.

48192350061_9a064264a0_b.jpg

I'd probably be willing to part with the MK-III if they were something that floated your boat. 

• Like 2