Brent's Isuzu work hack tart up.

Mr Vapour

A few months ago I got a isuzu elf to cart my blast equipment. 

It was filthy and was in worked in condition. PO was a drain layer and he carted his digger and stuff around.

in its life before that it was a mcentee hire truck. 

it's got a bad paint job that's cracked and ugly. a few small dents and knocks.

the interior is filthy with almost every clip broken ,stereo is kaput and the floor mats torn.

Tail lift stopped working not long after I got it. 

Business is slow and I would like to present the best image possiable. Having a mobile billboard cant harm things. 

So I have set aside some time to tart the old girl up. 

I'm just wanting it to look presentable so if I pull up on site, driving down the road the truck and I look like a professional company. 

I dropped it at my neighbour's paint shop for a quick spray, but he found the whole truck is covered in cracks, he stopped work and told me to strip it.

I started thinking I could wrap it. I got some cheap vinyl and gave it a go on some various panels and did not have much luck  after many hours of you tube videos and giving it a go I decided that I would not ever be happy with the result. 

So the plan is now a cheap paint job my self. 

Get some signage printed 

remove and clean the interior and replace misting clips. 

ali Express radio 

ali alarm

new LED lights

new tail lift pump

install racking and covers. 

I have almost every thing I need. 

now I need good weather. .

20181113_115009.jpg

20190524_131928.jpg

• Like 5

So today I got cracked in the head buy a rampaging concrete drill as I was making a big hole is a wall. Got sent to the  Doctor and he said go home an rest, but don't go to sleep. 

My standard mode set so if I stop and simply lounge around 8/10 times I will have a nap. So I decided to make a start on the truck. 

a set of fusion component speakers arrived this week. just 58 delivered of the tard. 

out with the old and in with the new. 

20190628_132925_compress78.thumb.jpg.b8c782b2d734c6e6e8187823365d10d3.jpg

when j pulled the door panels off I found all  but 2  clips wer missing or broken. luckily I  brought a a bag random  clips off ali. will be very handy. 

20190628_132241_compress81.thumb.jpg.e3a283bc34d636718fd60efc73e3621d.jpg

boring pic but I'm stoked the door is back togeather and the rattles are gone

20190628_173122_compress24.thumb.jpg.148bdbd5b9f54e0cfaa98359880cab94.jpg

Got a cheap $30 radio offAli. Found a 24_12v reducer under the dash. good to have but the radio I got is 24v so pulled the reducer hoping it may stop my battery drain issues. 

20190628_140357_compress32.thumb.jpg.4207a320f2453dba87543d0299db5a39.jpg20190628_173103_compress50.thumb.jpg.2bb9cf1f05a6e49ed62862065622194b.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, johnnyfive said:

I think I put a variant of that headunit in a tractor of ours. Bluetooth works well although call quality is a little patchy. Pretty pleased with it for the money.

Cool project.

good to know. I just know it has hauraki and the rock. did not go any further. 

All blue? nioce.

However, Turk would look even better with a white roof and wheels, and maybe white below the crease in the body?

Or will that  just shift it from 'ex-Downer yellow truck' to 'ex-Mainfreight blue and white truck'?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, azzurro said:

All blue? nioce.

However, Turk would look even better with a white roof and wheels, and maybe white below the crease in the body?

Or will that  just shift it from 'ex-Downer yellow truck' to 'ex-Mainfreight blue and white truck'?

I yep all blew. and no that would just make it look like a smurf. 

black or silver wheels. plan is for blew tray. blast the back end and smash some blue on. but its winter so may just wire brush the base parts and squirt some black on till summer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

been productive day so far. 

happy with the first coat. just a quick scrub with the grinder and wire brush. so don't get close.

need to flip the cab and prep that ready for a coat of primer. but will do that once this is finished.

now to go clean the mess in the shed.

15622878706153236390697951196812.jpg

• Like 9