Michaels Mirage chat

michael

8 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Sweet looking whip mate. Is it basically stock? Look nice on the pictures.

Cheers mate. Yeah bone stock, only done 145 ks too. There’s a few wee things I want to fix up on it, but I’m pretty happy with it!

16 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Rad. How's the interior?

Seats are a bit faded, and the rear vision mirror is broken, but it’s pretty tidy considering it’s age. I’ve got a woodgrain Nardi steering wheel laying around that I think I’ll put on it too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, igor said:

What do you think of the super-shift? I borrowed one for a day back in the '80s and found it quite fun.

Yeah it’s pretty sweet! It’s like driving a baby truck haha. I’m sure the novelty of it will probably wear off in a couple weeks though lol 

54 minutes ago, 82Mirage said:

Doors shouldn't affect WOF as long as the rust isn't around the hinges. Good to see another Mirage getting some TLC!

Unfortunately, the rust is around the hinges on all 4 doors haha. Shouldn’t be too hard to fix though I don’t think

Its at the bottom corners of the doors. Pretty sure anything within 150mm of the hinges is a fail though yeah?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 82Mirage said:

Yeah within 150mm of hinges will fail, unfortunately! Doors on these cars are prone to rust

Yeah I thought so. Besides a couple of other small spots, the rest of the car is relatively rust free though which is good! 

• Like 1

When I bought one of my cars it had all miss matched keys from doors to ign. Just took them to a local lock place and they changed all the pins to suit one key. Could be a solution if that locks worn to just change the pins out for new ones.

or just swap the drivers and passengers door locks around ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...