Michael’s 1981 Mitsubishi Mirage

michael

Gave the interior a quick clean this afternoon. Would really like to give the seats a good wash at some point, when I get the motivation 

Hoping to try take it in for a wof check this week. A couple of the doors are pretty rusty though, so I’m probably going to have to fix/replace them

If anyone on here is wrecking one of these, or has parts, flick me a message!

9990319A-0201-4718-8214-EFDC567C97F2.jpeg

• Like 5

Gave this thing a bit of a birthday today. Oil and filter change, new fuel filter, new plugs and also adjusted the timing as it was way out

Fitted a 330mm Woodgrain Nardi Steering wheel that I had sitting around too

kxst4xpo.txf.jpeg

I also had to try and unjam the drivers door lock, as it wouldn’t unlock! Have had to do this twice already since I’ve had it, and I’ve only had it a week lol. It happened the day I got it. I just took the doorcard off, sprayed some wd40 on and she was good to go. That only lasted a few days though, so have had to do it again

Anyone else had issues with the door locks?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took this thing for a WOF today. It failed the last WOF check with the previous owner for rust in the doors, thought I’d give it a go myself though

IT PASSED CLEAN SHEET! Maybe the last wof guy was a bit more pedantic about it. Idk, but I’m happy. Obviously still want to fix the rust on the doors, but atleast I don’t have to worry about driving around without a warrant now

Replaced a few more bits on it the other day too. New Condenser, Dizzy cap, Points, and Rotor. Was having a hard time starting it the other morning, so thought I’d replace these bits. Pretty sure it was the Condenser. Starts better than ever before now!

No new pictures to post unfortunately