SiRge's 1985 Honda Crx discussion

SiRge

52 minutes ago, Dell'orto said:

Was this parked up in Pinehaven? I saw one months ago, and when I car jammed it, said it was 1800cc.

Got a bit of a soft spot for a CRX, neat little deathtraps 

Yep, been parked up for 8 years 

• Like 2

I remember watching Deanis build this after he moved on from his EF daily driver. He is now working on a jet powered drag car 

I have a vague recollection of one of the engine pulleys hitting the chassis rails on launching at the drags and spraying sparks everywhere, 

• Like 1

Yea that's about right, turns out my brother in law has known him for the past 10 years too (he organises the air strip for jet car testing) 

Hoping to pull the motor soon and tidy up some of the crude hammering marks :P

• Haha 1

These have plastic front guards don't they? Sad to say, but I remember smashing a few up in my days at a Honda wrecker. My brother had one of these when they were only a few years old, he told me the ladies loved it. 

Good to see one being saved, I haven't seen one on the road for many years. 

Had one of these 20 years ago 

Zc motor went good in it would smoke fxgts all day

I slammed it on 16s which caused chassis rails to get a hiding and it started to rust that long ago 

Wof guy started being picky so flicked it.

• Haha 1

Cool car. 

One of the guys from the Manawatu Car Club owned one when he was younger. He ended up putting it into a power pole sideways and it split open like a sardine can. The headlights and tail lights were almost touching. Luckily he walked away from the crash... All he had to do was undo his seatbelt and walk away - no requirement to open the door :lol: . 

I would recommend a rollcage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

Cool car. 

One of the guys from the Manawatu Car Club owned one when he was younger. He ended up putting it into a power pole sideways and it split open like a sardine can. The headlights and tail lights were almost touching. Luckily he walked away from the crash... All he had to do was undo his seatbelt and walk away - no requirement to open the door :lol: . 

I would recommend a rollcage. 

Adding a rollcage then adds much more complication. Fixed back seats, harnesses, authority card, actually attending events. 

I was thinking a half cage as it didn't come with a back seat so may as well utilise it somehow 

• Like 3

Very cool. Love a 1st gen CR-X. Well love all of them except the Del-sol, TBH.

My wife’s ex BF was in the AF with Deanis.

I remember rolling up against this car at the Honda drags in 02?/03? In my KA8. Needless to say, after dealing to a couple of civics and integras earlier on, in heads-up I got destroyed. Still got best burnout and fastest six on the day. Best lol was the scrutineer buzzing out at my aluminium bonnet, because it was so light. I was like - nah mate , pointing at the gas struts.

Very cool car, and I’m sure plenty of people from the car scene back then will appreciate seeing it resurrected!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Styles said:

Very cool car, and I’m sure plenty of people from the car scene back then will appreciate seeing it resurrected!

I don't think many of those people are around much anymore. But hopefully I can do it justice