Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ned said:

I invited young Sparky over to my place to ride the lead and see if it's actually slow, or if im too fat. It's just slow.
So me and Sparky spent hours this weekend pulling the Lead to pieces, clean up the carb, burn out the exhaust, clean the blocked jets and put in a new plug (the old one was gapped to 0.15mm instead of the 0.6-0.7 Honda recommends)

Put it all back together and took it for a hoon and guess what!?

It's slower/the same

oh well, time to pull the head i guess

Luckily it's a 2 stroke and pulling the top end to bits is a minor job. You might be down on compression which should be fairly obvious once the head and barrel are removed. 

Have you inspected the variator and belt at all? 

nah, not yet. Was just doing the easy bits. I reall;y just wanted an excuse to get into the garage for the afternoon and didnt wanna pul;l TOO much off of it as i plan on riding it around regularly still

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BLIZZO said:

myself and PPSC are fizzing, so far Cam, myself, mitch and nick are locked in. trying to sort accommodation this week, what did other people pay for waikanae beach motel? price seems to be $300 for a 3 bed room at the moment.

also im mixing it up this year and going 2 stoke, just acquired this bad boy GP125 to use on this years ride, that will be 3 east cape rides on 3 different bikes yeoww

Gf4hufh.jpg

Shit yeah. The East Cape 2 stroke club grows! 

Just call Waikanae. It's run by a lush old married couple. Tell them you're coming through again with a group like last year and see what they can do. I know from previous times each booking site holds only a certain allotment and the actual accommodation might actually have more on offer. 

We had about 10 rooms between us last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The dude with the black RD/AG100 last year is keen again. Another fella around here has a YB125 he's keen on bringing. Showed them the accommodation etc and they're getting stuff sorted. 

Numbers must be getting pretty solid now. The excitement builds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what’s everyone riding this year? 

Thoughts on set ups with gear/fuel etc? 

Excited to not need any bedding this year. Have a good shot at being completely self sufficient on my Chaly. 

Should have my bike done mid October based on current progress. 

• Like 1