Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such post ride blues. 

What an amazing event. Cheers John and everyone else that went into the prep organisation and support! 

Barry bucket’s 80 series workshop was amazing and kept a few of the boys rolling. Unreal support! 

Front loading the ct wasn’t a great idea. Took me a day and a half to find the sweet spot with controlling that pendulum situation on gravel so I ditched it for the motu and had a way better time. Chasing blizzo was great fun.

what to build for next time? I’ve popped my cherry on a bland wagon. Now for something a little more obscure?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I think the only sensible answer is gyro canopy.  That was easily one of the funniest things I've seen this year.  It's sad windscreen wiper slowly shuddering drizzle out of the way while going sideways on full opposite lock around most of the motu

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, keltik said:

I think the only sensible answer is gyro canopy.  That was easily one of the funniest things I've seen this year.  It's sad windscreen wiper slowly shuddering drizzle out of the way while going sideways on full opposite lock around most of the motu

That's inline for some R&R in my shed soon too, with a goal of power drifting on gravel :grin:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

I  wanna buy some of those flash self cooking spaceman meals the guy on the slammed green cub? had

PPSC just shoved mircrowave pizzas between the barrel and carb on their weapons. Such a great Kiwi idea. Approx 2 hours riding and your pizza is nice and dusty for road side consumption with either a super fancy craft beer or a lion brown. No in between, 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, MopedNZ said:

If anyone has any good clips of general tomfoolery they'd be keen for me to include then let me know and I'm happy to download ya dropbox/google drive stuff. 

I’ve got ooodles of riding footage but also a wee bit of tomfoolery.

ill try and get some onto Dropbox/drive tonight.

i think I filled my 64gb card... over 3 hours of filming.

i filmed heaps on the Motu cos I wanted to have the camera running if/when I fell off. Gave my camera to Duke Blackwood for the last bit and then I rode into a drain :doubt:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, anglia4 said:

Is anyone else in their head now realising how many people they met over the weekend without knowing?

Like “wait, what? Keltic was there? Which one was he!?”

I have to attend three meets before I'll remember someone's name. Veteran spambots are a bit different.  I've long known your username and real name, but not your face. Had a smile when you popped up in my Facebook feed. Blairdy internet friends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Re: Motu road. Done some reading on it lately and it's blown my mind a wee bit. 

It was used as a part of the WRC till the mid 90's. The Motu was often the stage that decided the championship winner. 

Fastest time ever was Colin McRae in a Subaru in 1994: 37m 21s from end to end - all 47km. Jesus thats quick. 

It was so renowned in the world rally scene that when McRaes pace notes from the Motu came up for auction people all around the world were bidding on them. Ken Block tried to win them but eventually pulled out and never succeeded in winning the auction. Though when he came to NZ he still went down to the Motu and had a casual drive on it to take in the perfection that is Motu. 

image.png.e2a24d77dfbc5421168a2135cc194fbb.png

Soz for spam. Just never realised how well known it was. Nice.  Also soz for ranger. 

• Like 6