Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Beaver said:

It's also miserable siting wide open on a China four stroke for any length of time....I'll definitely be rocking air plugs on the ride as well haha. Ears were ringing after a few hours riding yesterday

Headphones + loud music almost drowns out that terrible Chinese sound

3 hours ago, BLIZZO said:

Hey Team, JB gave me a rough outline of the track, i converted it to a route and then re converted back to a track so it hugs the roads we will be going on exactly. Ill have a garmin 64s on my bike displaying this incase people get lost but if anyone else has some form of garmin GPS and wants to know where we are going each day download the GPX file from my dropbox in the link below and just chuck it in ghee (to your device).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5aoqezgsao409k/Te Uruwera ride.gpx?dl=0

Captain bliz

My man! Thats cool, I'm still a little hopeless on GPS stuff. Your route is doing something a little strange around Tuai, but is minor and pretty self explanatory. Nice

2 hours ago, datlow said:

is this one not very accurate J5? ive loaded that one into my google offline maps ?

That one is pretty well correct, except for a stretch between Matahina Dam and Kopuriki, that google wouldn't let me route over no matter what I tried. I'll aim for a regrouping at this point though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tumeke said:

You can also download GPX viewers that slam that shit into google maps if you have a mobile  phone - I know this works on android, unsure about apples. /Better living

Assuming 2degrees has reception at the J-5 ranch, can someone put this on my phone the night before/before we leave please?  I'm sure to get lost, and am a cabbage with technology 

• Thanks 1