Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was yarning to a fella I.met at the first pub stop yesterday. Hed spent time up where were going. And knew the area. He asked me to show him my bike. As we were walking to it he said,  any bike that can tackle the Motu must be a beast. 

Ha! Behold my twist and go of destiny on road tyres!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Such a mad man.

Did 80km this arvo with a couple of fellow speedcocks, nice mix of gravel and open road. I'm calling my shit sorted and ready to rock

That was a good hoon! 

I drained my tank when I got home and there was 200ml left. Including the drive home from @Geophy's place would have been about 90km all up from the 4.5L tank. Whaka yeah, plenty of range with my extra 5L on the back :)

• Like 1

I remember both years previous that even when it was so hot that you’d wanna pass out while stopped; as soon as we went into a valley or a road which was blocked from the direct sun I got cold real quick. 

I was surprised at how cold I got tbh. But then on the same day I was swimming at Rere falls because it was too hot. 

Layers are good. Also means that we can just strip for each other as entertainment beside the lake. 

• Like 1

Wear a motorcycle jacket and it's not suuuch a huge issue. I found that the heat issue was only a problem when you stopped, at which point you take the jacket off.

I only wore t-shirts under my riding jacket last year, and if you get too hot, you can adjust the ventilation of the jacket on the fly to cool down.

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

I remember both years previous that even when it was so hot that you’d wanna pass out while stopped; as soon as we went into a valley or a road which was blocked from the direct sun I got cold real quick. 

I was surprised at how cold I got tbh. But then on the same day I was swimming at Rere falls because it was too hot. 

Layers are good. Also means that we can just strip for each other as entertainment beside the lake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WankBankA100 said:

Not a gang.

Problem there is I'm a hard cunt in a real gang that's scary and has vests. Soooooooooooooo. I'm already giving up my Kaiser helmet for safety. Can't sacrifice much more. 

If you wanna get inbetween the real dirt track action you know where to find us. 

77208375_412707769611157_8145383065724649472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=9VJQqnlDmmgAQk8lVkVVl_WSksGIErSNeZI1y5NPyHt_OzbaN_7hAnLoQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl6-1.fna&oh=714a7386f1fdd4264ec7314a38986100&oe=5E7A3FEE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Haha, that reminds me, need to sort out my vest some time.

43 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

Problem there is I'm a hard cunt in a real gang that's scary and has vests. Soooooooooooooo. I'm already giving up my Kaiser helmet for safety. Can't sacrifice much more. 

If you wanna get inbetween the real dirt track action you know where to find us. 

77208375_412707769611157_8145383065724649472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=9VJQqnlDmmgAQk8lVkVVl_WSksGIErSNeZI1y5NPyHt_OzbaN_7hAnLoQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl6-1.fna&oh=714a7386f1fdd4264ec7314a38986100&oe=5E7A3FEE

Hey Team, JB gave me a rough outline of the track, i converted it to a route and then re converted back to a track so it hugs the roads we will be going on exactly. Ill have a garmin 64s on my bike displaying this incase people get lost but if anyone else has some form of garmin GPS and wants to know where we are going each day download the GPX file from my dropbox in the link below and just chuck it in ghee (to your device).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5aoqezgsao409k/Te Uruwera ride.gpx?dl=0

Captain bliz

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

Hey Team, JB gave me a rough outline of the track, i converted it to a route and then re converted back to a track so it hugs the roads we will be going on exactly. Ill have a garmin 64s on my bike displaying this incase people get lost but if anyone else has some form of garmin GPS and wants to know where we are going each day download the GPX file from my dropbox in the link below and just chuck it in ghee (to your device).

Captain bliz

You can also download GPX viewers that slam that shit into google maps if you have a mobile  phone - I know this works on android, unsure about apples. /Better living

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

Captain bliz

30 minutes ago, Tumeke said:

You can also download GPX viewers that slam that shit into google maps if you have a mobile  phone - I know this works on android, unsure about apples. /Better living

I managed to get that to work in my geo tracker app, good work guys!