Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did my best to burn out my pipe. It didn't smoke like the one in the YouTube video. But I think I did give myself lung cancer.

Started thinking about what I need to bring. The brand new plug  i bought to carry as a spare is still in the bag from the shop it came from. And while I was bolting my pipe back up, i realised I've not so much as taken the spark plug out since last years ride.

#twostrokereliability 

Also looks like the plastic I broke when i dropped it on an Easties ride is only one bit. Might raid my two project scooters after work tomorrow. 

Still need to rewire my trailer plug, and do a wheel bearing on my trailer before I leave at noon on Wednesday. 

Ah, and I noticed today its six weeks out of rego too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cletus said:

I thought 'if I keep this up I'm gonna die ' so gave up  

Probably the wisest words to adhere by for such an adventure because unlike the last couple of years the Waikaremoana road is just as crazy as the Motu road but over twice as long and alot more remote if the shit hits the spinny blade things.

To put it in context, my brother is a paramedic based in Rotorua which is your nearest help for an ouchy. Hes had calls of  people going into labour/breaking something while out pig hunting somewhere off the Waikaremoana road and by the time they get there in an ambulance(because unless your properly dying its not worth sending a helicopter) they have walked out of the bush, splinted the broken bone/administered local pain relief and dont want to go to hospital or had the baby under a fern bush walked out of the bush and are home eating boilup/dont want to go to hospital.

TLDR: once you get on the gravel after Murupara its a long long way from anything so ride safely, dont be a dick and dont end up in the back of an ambulance with shit yarns from H.lux jr all the way back to Rotorua to be told by ED staff your a pussy for wasting their time

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I test rode my bike last night. I've never ridden it before in my life.

While I was riding it I thought about what it would be like to ride hundreds of km's on gravel...

Then I got home, dug through all my old trail riding gear, and found my kidney belt. :thumbleft:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tumeke said:

pls.

cf6e223a64a7ef3ff02537d26e69161d--funny-

SHARN: I learned to rind on an ER185, it was our orchard bike, it putted around for about 7 years on said orchard, we then moved into town and dad traded it on a 1988 NV400. Was out on the new bike the day dad got it, and a mechanic from the shop we did the trade with, went through an intersection in front of us at full speed, full revs, and fully committed. The 7 or so years of sweet two stroke oil/scum that had built up in the pipe from gentle toodling was burning off, and fuck me sideways, never before, or since, have I seen so much white smoke. It was a truly glorious sight to behold.  

I want an ER now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

sooooo speaking of white smoke ive learnt a timely lesson today. When you go to replace crank seals in a 2-stroke dont be a jew and go to your seal supplier and get a normal rotary seal. normal seals are designed to keep oil in on the inside (spring side), whereas crank seals are a 2 way design and designed to keep induction pressure on the inside, and gearbag oil on the outside. rebuilt bike, filled gearbox oil with 800mls of Motuls finest, went for a 2 km ride, couldnt see the road behind me, had boomers in my fancy suburb yelling at me whilst walking their little designer dogs, quickly realised something was wrong, got home, drained gearbag oil, only 300ml came out.

aside from fitting genuine crank seals, i now either need to tip my entire bike upside down or take engine out and tip that upside down to get rid of all this bloody oil ha

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3