Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, datlow said:

yeah it is, who ever makes it to the starting line, wins a 3 day adventure

Starting is eaaaasy. Finishing is the fun part. Don't have to finish on your own bike either. @GuyWithAviators did a miraculous bike swap thanks to Chris and Bort having a love tap on the first day last year.

This was my prize the first year. 

77284173_2034156540063117_5438443776680919040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQlwHXBx-tEsOhZXXT87MNDpBS1_BZ3muI45WwpJKPQOrfvrJCJHznvgmBZVHDGm2Ik&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl6-1.fna&oh=5a5881613af1eab6a55ef0648768232b&oe=5E81B3A2

• Sad 1

First year I had lost my mirror; bike was lowered and did a head check before a long sweeping right hander just outside of gizzy. We’d had a tonne of cars passing dangerously. 

Looked for too long and went into the grass on the edge of the road; stayed on. Then lent a little to get back on the road and the footpeg dug in and I went flying. @Raizer legitimately thought I was ded. 

So I’m big on mirrors these days. And don’t like my bikes so low. 

Not sure what happened last year; but yeah. 

There were a tonne of times where one would stop on the side of the road and people would all stop and take up the whole shoulder/spill onto the road. Something we’re pretty mindful of these days. 

There will be a chat before the ride including things like chuck up a Shaka hands if you’re stopping for a piss/photos and no one needs to help you. Just gotta be on A game and ride to your own ability; not trying to keep up with people like @BLIZZO who is confident and an absolute machine on gravel. 

Oh and no riding one handed taking photos on your phone around blind tight gravel bends. Saw that last year and it gave me the shits

Apart from that most people not finishing has been due to bikes being poo. 

10 minutes ago, WankBankA100 said:

I heard a rumour none of the QCR guys are making it up this year?

Correct.

This year I am the sole representative/ambassador for Te Wai Ponamu. I'll do my best to be as wild as five qcr. But in addition to my existing sharn portfolio, it's a tall order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Correct.

This year I am the sole representative/ambassador for Te Wai Ponamu. I'll do my best to be as wild as five qcr. But in addition to my existing sharn portfolio, it's a tall order.

That saddens me! Those dudes were legends...

Is there a South Island equivalent of the Escapade/Undertaking?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

First year I had lost my mirror; bike was lowered and did a head check before a long sweeping right hander just outside of gizzy. We’d had a tonne of cars passing dangerously. 

Looked for too long and went into the grass on the edge of the road; stayed on. Then lent a little to get back on the road and the footpeg dug in and I went flying. @Raizer legitimately thought I was ded. 

So I’m big on mirrors these days. And don’t like my bikes so low. 

Not sure what happened last year; but yeah. 

There were a tonne of times where one would stop on the side of the road and people would all stop and take up the whole shoulder/spill onto the road. Something we’re pretty mindful of these days. 

There will be a chat before the ride including things like chuck up a Shaka hands if you’re stopping for a piss/photos and no one needs to help you. Just gotta be on A game and ride to your own ability; not trying to keep up with people like @BLIZZO who is confident and an absolute machine on gravel. 

Oh and no riding one handed taking photos on your phone around blind tight gravel bends. Saw that last year and it gave me the shits

Apart from that most people not finishing has been due to bikes being poo. 

My injuries were attributed to alcohol intake at the OS Hicks bay club rooms and slightly singed arms from mechanically fanning the fire, coincidently at the same location.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2