Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of different tyres I'm sorting for a random non associated group ride at the end of the month

Have placed the 15" Shinko SR241 (Goldenboy) next to 2 different tyres.

This photo:
- Shinko 520 'Holeshot': 70/100-17

- Shinko SR241: 250x15

Image may contain: shoes

This photo:
- Shinko SR241: 250x15
- Journey Knobbly: 275x14

No photo description available.

If you want tyres and tubes sorted I can help till the weekend before the ride - anything later is cutting it too close. Just let me know. 

Yeah 3 would be a bit annoying. @johnnyfive‘s call, it’s his ride. 

While it’s a popular event it’s still just a wicked idea he wanted to do one time that’s grown a large amount. It would be nice for John to be able to enjoy the ride instead of spend 3 days  managing people and worrying about who is where. 

Managing a ride of 50 people on a route of 45km was difficult enough for 3 of us a while back. 40 people over 3 days on some very remote areas with zero reception is going to require all of us to be on our A game. 

It’s not really for anyone else to decide what happens with support cars and other ride details except John. Having extra people following for lols ain’t the goods. If people are planning on being in a support vehicle maybe triple check with him first for confirmation if it’s needed. 

I really hope people are doing some solid shake down runs on their bikes 

Think of stuff like spare throttle cable, tyre levers, the tools needed to remove your front or rear wheel from the bike. Wet weather gear. 

Warm riding gear. Last year it was sunny and awesome a lot of the way but Motu had its own crazy climate and I was surprised how cold I got. 

A small first aid kit is a good idea. If you’re coming in a small group then chat to each other and figure out where everyone has their stuff stored in case something untoward happens. 

This is the highlight of my 2 wheel event calendar every year. I can’t wait to come ride with ya dudes and then get home safe in one piece. See if I can make it 2 out of 3 events without injury. 

• Like 4