Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

12 minutes ago, Tumeke said:

The iwi was looking into some bio-seal scheme using recycled something to seal the road. I'd suggest given the normal rate of progress in the area, we'll be sweet for a few more years yet.

also link https://www.wairoadc.govt.nz/our-council/news/article/324/waikaremoana-community-reaffirms-road-sealing 

informative as always, thank you for directing me to an appropriate local government publication good sir. 

oh yeah, this is a month away!! my panties are already becoming saturated at the thought of thirty small motorcycles manging through Tame Iti country 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a day later, current count of entries is 29. 

I have two unready bikes, with known issues, and another unproven bike in a thousand pieces, with likely unknown issues. Pray for me. 

I'm looking at doing a quick dash around the route this weekend in the car to make sure what exists on Google Maps is possible IRL. And to familiarise myself with some bits I don't know and possibly get a GPS trail. 

If everyone has better prepared bikes than I, we should still be OK with one support vehicle & trailer at this stage. As far as I know @Thphantum is still OK to provide this for us? Anyone else is welcome to ride/drive along, (its a public road, and we're not a group remember), but for my sanity, please try and have some self sufficiency/self awareness as it gets confusing quickly when multiple people are relying on multiple vehicles for different things. Everyone gets fragmented and/or lost. 

Anyone thats registered and is pulling out? Or anyone coming that hasn't registered yet?

• Like 9

10 hours ago, johnnyfive said:

So a day later, current count of entries is 29. 

I have two unready bikes, with known issues, and another unproven bike in a thousand pieces, with likely unknown issues. Pray for me. 

I'm looking at doing a quick dash around the route this weekend in the car to make sure what exists on Google Maps is possible IRL. And to familiarise myself with some bits I don't know and possibly get a GPS trail. 

If everyone has better prepared bikes than I, we should still be OK with one support vehicle & trailer at this stage. As far as I know @Thphantum is still OK to provide this for us? Anyone else is welcome to ride/drive along, (its a public road, and we're not a group remember), but for my sanity, please try and have some self sufficiency/self awareness as it gets confusing quickly when multiple people are relying on multiple vehicles for different things. Everyone gets fragmented and/or lost. 

Anyone thats registered and is pulling out? Or anyone coming that hasn't registered yet?

Yea mate I'm on board

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Me and @Duke Blackwood are planning to come but still building bikes. The old man is also keen to come along and tow a trailer for support too. We will be pretty self sufficient but probably register at the last minute depending on bike building success. Will sleep on the deck of the Ute if we can’t get a tent site somewhere last minute :thumbleft:

heres the only transport i have for this event this year, currently has no front brakes, bald back tyre, and the seat falls off. keen as though, seems all you lot keep buying all the mean scooters when they come up for sale, figure i will just blend in as a local.. 

what do I need for pants? is jeans ok? or do i need something more protective? any other protective gears? @MopedNZ hooked me up with a good deal on a helmet too.

IMG_3496.jpg

• Like 2