Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tumeke i got the last 241 in 18" off richard, but im only running it on the fron as they chew out pretty quick on the rear. I brought this shinko 244 (far right) for the GP for this ride, its 18x3.00 but then i stumbled upon the NOS 18x3.00 trials tyre (on the left) which im gunna run in the interest of period correctness. Those 244's are available in a heap of sizes and are good tyres, i run them on my XR. can probs sell you that one if ya want as i likely wont use it now but probs easier for you to grab one local.

NQFjMH1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Made the final decision to roll a backpack and small jerry can only. Self sufficient *hopefully* is the aim. Will do some mileage tests over the next month or so and see if it's feasible or if I'll have to wear a camelback full of 91 on my front. 

Whats everyone elses plans?

• Like 1

Since last year, I've acquired a smallish overnight bag which I can bungy cord to my little pack rack. I have no need for a sleeping bag, tent, or bed roll this year. So I wont be attatching my home made luggage rack. I can fit my 2ltr fuel can and tools in the under seat storage. And probably a few snacks too. And I'm tossing up finishing the front rack I started to carry some booze so I dont have to go without at the lake the first night.

• Like 1

I have this neat lil country calendar-esque pack rack on the back, aim is to mount a 2.5L Jerry can, tent, sleeping bag and whatever other sundries I can fit. Will run a tank bag as well for spare Brian Lowns, and of course a PPSC dart pouch on the handlebars to keep my winny blues secured. 

847575F3-9B08-49CF-B753-076C00303284.jpeg.4c3919bfa984ab63b1771c38542fcffd.jpeg

Less than 2 months to go and still don’t have a running legal bike. WTB: plates n tagz for a rx125

• Like 7

PPSC this year are all gunna be fully self sufficient. Im sorted for luggage, got a sweet 40l motorcycle drybag off aliexpress. this fits my small new kathmandu singleman tent and thermarest, small sleeping bag and i have put 2 motorcycle jackets and some motorcycle pants in here to get an idea of what extra room i have in the bag, should be plenty.

The tail section of the bike has a small compartment that holds my spare tube and puncture repair kit, and the factory tool holder has most of my tools with a few extras to go in the tank bag.

Tank bag will hold my wet weather onesie, tools, camp cooker and food as well as a few tools. Its pretty big.

Just need to figure out where i put my booze.

Qt3Fqmu.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1