Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

These guys have good accommodation very near Waikaremoana.

https://www.lakelodge.co.nz

Around $30-40 per person for lodge/dorm style and a few other options. They do meals but you have to order in advance (hearty roast of the day kind of thing) and have to be there at the specified dinner time. About $30 for dinner and $20 for breakfast. 

A++++++ would trade again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24hr fuel in ruatahuna too, found out at 230am after getting lost finding a hunting spot and running out of fuel and was picked up by a couple of scary (self proclaimed ) bush maoris who were really nice in the end they were spot lighting the side of the main road whence I happened upon them 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We didn't discuss this at the meating, but I assume we will run a $20 entry fee to pay for support vehicle gas and food, as we did last year. If anyone has a decent 5+ seater vehicle (with internal storage would be ace) that can tow a trailer (I can supply a decent tandem most likely) and is interested in being support crew, please let us know. You will be worshipped as the god you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

We didn't discuss this at the meating, but I assume we will run a $20 entry fee to pay for support vehicle gas and food, as we did last year. If anyone has a decent 5+ seater vehicle (with internal storage would be ace) that can tow a trailer (I can supply a decent tandem most likely) and is interested in being support crew, please let us know. You will be worshipped as the god you are.

I can bring the tonner (I probably won't have a bike ready) but doesn't meat most of those requirements 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vintage Grumble said:

@- i5oogt -  has expressed interest as attending in a support role. Also has a diseasel van which I assume had a towbar?

• Thanks 1

any lower north island people planning on coming? (Welles/kapiti)

If no one local to me is keen, I'm thinking I'll ride to Picton.  Then try scab a ride to J-5's. I'm also undecided if I soup up my super reliable Dio for more top end, or pull the trigger on a big block scooter. (It's a 50cc sir, honest)

I only rode the Dylab once. But I Really like how nimble the Dio is.