Aubs’ 1982 xv1000 chopperish

Aubs

Bummer ! Whip down to your local bike shop and get a universal kit and steal the inner out if it and solder your ends ti the new inner.

Does this bikes shake rattle and roll like a Harley Motor ?

My Ironhead was shocking for rattling everything to bits

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So weekend went a bit odd...

Sorced a cable wich i was told would work.. put on keept jamming on haha.

So my mate gave me his spear bike for weekend and then that breaks down leaves me stranded for awhile still was cool weekend.

Had manawatu motorcycles make me a new cable all is right in thr world again bikes back togever probly will be a egg to start lol.

Ride on weekend hopfully

• Like 3

Yuuuuus vicccccctory.......

Actually got too ride my bike yus went like a charm too. Only issue was break leaver keeps hitting my throttle cable adjuster. But thats a easy fix and. Wasnt even too bad to start had to do the ol ride down the street backfireing until came right haha but thats a givin when it sits

20190907_092436.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 19:46, Aubs said:

So weekend went a bit odd...

Sorced a cable wich i was told would work.. put on keept jamming on haha.

So my mate gave me his spear bike for weekend and then that breaks down leaves me stranded for awhile still was cool weekend.

Had manawatu motorcycles make me a new cable all is right in thr world again bikes back togever probly will be a egg to start lol.

Ride on weekend hopfully

I got soooo drunk there on Fri. Holy fuck, that ginger wine stuff.. Jesus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So took bike for a 100km ride today ran faultless stoked. Get home and think ill give it a wash.....

And notices a odd mark on tank....

Sight glass on break leaver seeping fluid on to tank.... and has eatn my clear in 2 spots..... hahaha for f sakes man

But positives bike ran great no issues so new break resivor as old 1 dose f all anyway atlest i was wantn to redo tank agian due to not been overly hapy with the finish ahhhhhh motorbikes

20190921_173812.jpg

• Like 1

Ah the frustration sarag continues..

Went to ride my bike today gess what.. break fluid everywea.....

ME NON COMPRENDAI AMIGO ME NO UNDERSTANDO HAHAH. In odd Mexican accent lol.

So frowing that pile in the bin and on the hunt for a new or old but working break res until the next chapter in this odd saraga continues 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MACKAZ said:

Cracked brake reservoir? 

Not sure would only leak after awhile bit pressure was always piss poor haha. But a guy in a social bike club im in has sold me 1 im picking  up on thursday so no biggie just frustrating 

Ahhh nearly there....

New resivor on had to cut and thin down my leaver to work and move mirror to other side to work.. as new old resivor sits odd but all on ect

But has no identification on what fluid eaither 3 or 4 dot to use. I havnt had to top up in ages and kant remember but have both 4 and 3 dot here so f knows. Google time

20190928_102726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah so 1st ride withe new break resivor breaks feel great stoked. After about 50kms i start to notice theres random droplets on my bars and tank. No shit...

Sight glass on resivor is leaking wtf actually is going on hahah. Omfg the comfusion sargar continues once again. So after replacing one resivor for another for the other to leak in the exact spot as the last is alittle bit of a total pain in my fart box. But on the plus note. Breaks feel 1000% better. And for short term some gasket marker over the leak should get me thru until i sorce a new glass ah this bike always gives me somthing to do sad face

20191007_210358.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My stupid fone but you get the idea..

Filter..  whaaaat for a year and a half ive been rocking chopped siv mesh with hose clamps.. so this is a big upgrade hahah. Hopfully ride it tomorrow looks so much better. 

Now next job sort this break situation out or go old school rears only hahhahaha

20191020_124354.jpg

20191020_130836.jpg