Aubs’ 1982 xv1000 chopperish

Aubs

16 minutes ago, Shakotom said:

It’s lush, I like the two tone gold tank, breaks it up a lot asthetically from the rest of the black and almost makes the bike look lighter/ more classic/traditional than it does all black.

all for switching up the colours though. Look forward to seeing what you choose!

Cheers mate yea shes my prized pain in the ass hahah. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So got this old pillion seat given to me ages ago gona make some simple brackets to bolt to exsisting bolts from when it had saddle bags.. 

So it can come on and off quickly..

So can load up more during summer camping

What ull think look better with or without im on the fence

1561871569258.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Prety stoked found this old seat pillion in shed (i have alota crap) 

It came as a 2 piece with the seat thats on it now.. was actually joint togever. I had to cut them apart. Along time ago. But moved house and lost..

Sooo cut out half the foam to match the riders seat. Also found some pegs aswell so black they have gone..

Made a mount underneath to bolt on.

So comes on and off but i like the sorta dorky 70s vibe. After all thats the goal havnt sit on it yet. As she leans over haaard out. Gota have some one holding up the bike but stoked. And also put some carpet in my other project my kp starlet so bizzy day all round. 

20190708_173454.jpg

• Like 2

Gotta small tool roll sits perfect between sisy bar and seat. Has multi head screw driver. Pliers small hunting knife allen key cable ties and a nut ducker..

Hopfuly next weekend weather is good ment to be going on a decent roadie with some mates

20190714_123627.jpg

3 hours ago, MACKAZ said:

Got the typical xv crunchy starter? Old man had a 750 few years ago, semi custom, big bars and paint. Starter was nothing but problems. 

No over the year and a bit ive had it. Its been fine. It has a few strange issues like lights work then dont. Im no eletrican. But starts and goes well good enuf for me;D

Stupid phone wont let me upload more photos..

Anywho ive made a new sisy bar outta steel tube. Same hight as the last one. But better made. 

Started with a looooong rod bent in half cut down in a angle welderd the half bends togever to give it a bit of shape together. Prety happy

aviary-image-1563583597571.jpeg

aviary-image-1563583763431.jpeg

5 hours ago, tortron said:

Do you have it turned on when starting it? Apparently that's bad for the bulb

The bulb dosnt turn off once igntion is on its on.. 

But found the issue was a broken solder connection so no biggie 

Ol girl alwaaaaays gives me somthing to do. 

However two rides one weeknd cant complane

• 2 weeks later...

So with cold kiwi comming up ment to be going on ol faithfull.

My friend made me this meme hahah.

Sums up my adhd mind frame hahah.

So before we go will be.

1- oil change

2-check all main bolts are tight as she likes to vibrate them loose...

3-probly should look at my pesky break light.

4-sort some sort of carb covers for the night to stop snow. Brob be a old double brown can or somthing. As i run old siv chopped up and hose clamped on.

Some people. Cant understand why i put my self in these situations on this fine rallick of a motorcycle.. well why not its a challange hahah 

aviary-image-1564904014754.jpeg

• Like 2

Haha so money tight to do cold kiwi.. likely to rain or snow.... so as a that will get me home sorta job. 

Spagitti can cut some holes on bottom black paint hose clamp down should stop water getting in... had it happin before not fun...

20190805_162853.jpg

20190805_174042.jpg

• Like 1

Fone wont let me upload better photos but you get the idea..

Fixed up some cracks in factory bondo.

Had some black... is only ment to be a base coat for maby a matellic purple with flake but for now im happy looks prety ruffless. What you guys think

20190812_114908.jpg

20190812_172859.jpg

20190812_173036.jpg

• Like 4

Bugger bugger not good. So by chance saw tht my bars are crackedmost of the way thru..... not good happy i found now and didnt cause a crash... anyway prety gutted need new bars now so if u have 1inch ape bars for sale pls let me know

20190818_143156.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Alright so after that fieasko with the bike trying to kill me hahha.

Brought these hammer downs bars sooo sick in love...

But as one pain in the ass problem goes another arises.... dun dun dun

So some twit in there wisdom.. got 1inch bars and choped and weld in 7/8s grip ends just to really make me need a beer hahah.

So bars are on found some 1inch clutch and midified the break booster to fit. Brought some grips ect so just wating on them and good to go

20190819_191329.jpg

20190819_191513.jpg

• Like 1

Stoked so a quick put around the block to test for a weekend away haha. Bike started st8 up.... whaaat.... was suprized been atlest a month... this bike can be a pain in the ass to start so was pretty suprized haha. After relocating the starter and kill switch.. but need too sat morning before i leave..

1- adjust clutch leaver

2- make the throttle cable sit without poping out. Only dose a little amount but will drive me nuts..

3- adjust mirrors ect..

So nuffing big just no time over the week

• Like 2