Gav's Purvis Eureka

The roof is the door and it is damaged, it lifts up via hydraulics which looks like it was disconnected at some stage.

There is a big switch in the drivers side, on the other side of the panel inside the body there is this:

IMG_2153.jpg.58e003bb349468f91df7a624a6e7cbbf.jpg

Which leads to this blurry ram jobby:

IMG_2148.jpg.f3190cea63b27e86c2ad89cdd08b3d9d.jpg

And at the back on the car by the engine is this pump, with disconnected hose:IMG_2156.jpg.05e47288723a58cc37049ce6afd917c1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Haven't heard anything from Stephen Fleming but it's not really a rush and she did say he is very busy. Maybe I'll ring in a week or two.

Tried cranking it over with the wifes car running and connected the to battery cables at the front of the Eureka. Touch cut wires of dash and it turns over with the starter (previously had battery jumper leads directly on the starter). Still sluggish, so maybe the starter needs a rebuild.

Tested and found no spark, had it turning over with wifes car and spare battery connected to the coil. I'll take the distributor out and see what I find.

Having silly thoughts of an all aluminium KLZE 2.5L v6 and ITB's sticking out the bonnet. 

Or maybe bike carb's on the Kent after getting it running on the DCOE 42.

Depends on whether I need to go through a cert or not (what paper work I can get, if any).

The V6 just suits the car I reckon. But the kent is 'original'....but heavy and half the power.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hadn't heard from Stephen so gave him a call just now on the number his wife/partner gave me a few months ago, had a good chat and he said to give him a couple of weeks and he'll see what he can find. 

Other than that I haven't pulled the distributor off yet, its winter and its outside. Need more garage space haha.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Engine wise I am at a crossroads as to whether to bother spending money on the Ford Crossflow, it might just need $100-150 for leads, plugs and maybe coil.

That would prove the condition of the engine, for either keeping it in there or selling it to fund a modern engine swap.

It's never going to be a race car so maybe a 120hp crossflow with doorty bike carbs would be good? That is also least expensive and keeping it ''original''.

Alternatively a K swap of either Honda or Mazda, K20 or KLZE.

K20 is modern and reliable. I don't think the Honda 4 cylinder exhaust note would suit the car. I know it sounds silly but I think the car just needs something more than that.

KLZE sound would really suit it, have been keeping an eye out for a cheap mx6 but there are surprisingly few. Getting to be an old engine though...

Both should be around 200hp and probably lighter than the Crossflow. Both would probably not break the VW transaxle, which apparently can handle around "150hp" in standard form.

The crossflow should be worth around $500. Maybe more with the DCOE 42?

• Like 2