Naratechwin's 1982 Honda CM400t Custom

Naratechwin

A few months ago I purchased a friends 50cc scooter to see if I'd enjoy riding. I have, a lot.
So while I work on a LAMS license and all that I thought I'd get into slowly building the perfect bike for me. I'd always thought the best bike for me would be something a little ratty, late 70's/ early 80's commuter cruiser thing, maybe go for some cafe racer touches. Outside of that an old Honda would fit my norm also. So when I saw this CM400t for sale in Nelson with a seized motor - dirt cheap with rego on hold - I hit the buy now.

VIuTvcW.jpg

Trip was a little adventurous, rented a trailer without thinking "wait, how do I tie down a bike on this?", bought some dodgy straps and drove to Nelson from Chch with the trusty Camry. Half way back a strap broke, couldn't figure out how to restrap the bike safely but managed to cram it in the back of the Camry (thank god for un-necessarily large wagons).
Drove the trailer home empty.

xPFKk1B.jpg

So, it's time to start planning! This thread will follow my (slow) progress working on this bike, starting with finding a donor CM400t or CB400n motor.

oESzLvT.jpg

• Like 8