Blower motor Mazda Capella 1989

Fr3Ak

Hay all!

My blower motor in Mazda doesn't work, so I start hunting down what could be. Found some different threats about Blower motor resistor and so on, but still couldn't fix the problem.

IMG-7178.jpg

I took out Blower motor, connect to 12 V and works fine.

IMG-7175.jpg

I took out blower motor resistor and have no idea if it's good or not (check pictures). I clean it a bit, but still quite rusty. I tried with instrument and it has ~0.5Ω on some pins. I thought that green stuff could be some kind of corrosion but guy at wreck shop said that is isolation?

IMG-7185.jpg

IMG-7186.jpg

IMG-7187.jpg

IMG-7188.jpg

So I took instrument and start checking if there is any 12 V on connector, but nothing get's there. So when I change my switch level from 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 nothing happens and there is no 12V on any of connectors (I checked on Blower motor and resistor). But when I change to position 1 and 2, ECO light goes ON and radiator fan start working, on position 3 and 4 light go OFF and radiator fan stop working. I don't know how those things are connected? Otherwise my radiator fan work after my temperature goes above 90 (or whenever thermostat open it).

So my questions are:

1. Is that Blower motor resistor looks good or should I change it? Where could I find one? Been to local wreck shops and they have same as my (old rusty), but couldn't found new one.

2. How can I test existing Blower motor resistor if it works?

3. Where should I get 12 V before goes to resistor? I saw on Mazda forum that on position 4 (full speed) that should bypass resistor and motor should work.

4. Any other solution how to get it work? No I won't change car :grin:

p.s. It's Mazda Capella (626) Cargo, 1989, 2.0 diesel

Green stuff is factory to keep the coil windings apart. Use a test light to check for power, meters can give false readings on stuff like this. Looks like there is a circuit breaker in there? The 2 terminals on their own. The resistor circuits are usually the 4 pin plug. 1 in 3 out.

46 minutes ago, governorsam said:

Also check where the terminals are riveted on, bit of solder can fix that. Common point for corrosion 

I checked all terminals and looks good, no mark of corrosion. I'll check with light as you said. Thanks

25 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Have you checked your fuses?

Yes, forgot to mention that - first thing that I checked.

The only thing that I didn't check is Blower motor relay, because I don't know where it is. I checked workshop manual now, but still have no clue where that could be.

Page 1062 - http://www.pmx626.info/US/Mazda 626 & MX-6/Work Shop Manuals/PDF/1992 US Workshop Manual_OCR.pdf 

image.png.7d5e4763137a7bd30cabdcc0a3742f0f.png

Thanks for help guys!

So today I managed to fix some things. Now blower is working on position 3 and 4 - which is a progress. As I assumed, the problem was at blower motor relay, which I couldn't find the other day. I follow workshop manual step by step, checking wires and voltage, and everything is ok now. The problem is still with blower motor resistor. I check ohms on terminals, and couldn't get results from 2 terminals - I assumed that is damaged.

So my question now is, where could I find a new one? Any helpful link? Thanks

Position of relay
IMG-7201.jpg

IMG-7202.jpg

One of the connection was broken
IMG-7197.jpg

IMG-7196.jpg

So I changed all connectors with new
IMG-7199.jpg

p.s. Workshop manual

http://www.pmx626.info/US/Mazda 626 & MX-6/Work Shop Manuals/PDF/1992 US Workshop Manual_OCR.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...