Kp61 Worked 4k stage 7 racing cam - Help needed

lonely.Kp

On 05/04/2019 at 09:22, BLIZZO said:

did you install this cam or was it already in the minisprint engine? what else is done to the engine?, im just gunna be a bit of a dick and say it but this is probs wayyyyy to big for a road car engine. for example this is considerable more duration / higher lift than my last competition engine, and is about the same as my new engine. my new engine was built for circuit racing and i have put it in a rally car, so even that has got farrrr too much cam for rallying. im at 260 degrees advertised duration, you are at 262. my cam lift is 332", yours is 335. to get an engine that isnt a bad of shit out of this you are going to need lots and lots of compression to make up for the low dynamic compression ratio from that massive duration. for example my engine runs a 3k short stroke crank, in a 5k block (1394cc) bored to tage 4age forged pistons, with 13.25:1 compression. its strickly an avgas only engine, and also has twin 40 DHLA sidedraughts, a close ratio gearbox to try keep it on the cam along with a 9.5 pound flywheel (stock is 23 pounds, cos 200mm 5k flywheel).

TL;DR, unless you have an engine built around that cam, its gunna be a bucket of shit, and even if it is built around that cam, its gunna be a bucket of shit to drive on the road.

some cam experts can probs chime in here, where's robbie?

well the engine was from the minisprint rebuilt every season for the minisprint, worked to speedway standards, the chassis got written off and the engine was running before it was pulled out so I'm not 100 sure what the problem could be 

1 minute ago, L0n3Ly.Kp said:

well the engine was from the minisprint rebuilt every season for the minisprint, worked to speedway standards, the chassis got written off and the engine was running before it was pulled out so I'm not 100 sure what the problem could be 

so yeah all I know for sure at this point is that it's got a stage 7 racing cam, 40mm side draft carbs, electronic ignition, but I'm sure there's a lot more done to the engine because it ran couple seasons and was running before it was pulled... :(

1 hour ago, Carsnz123 said:

What side of CHCH are you on? I could come have a look after work one evening if you want. 

I'm around the burnside area, and yeah that'll be perfect if you could give me a hand!! hopefully someone here can help me get my beloved toy running again :(