Best way to attach a bracket to heater motor

Lump

Hi All,

I've been pottering away at this for over a year now basically making up some replacement heater motors for the Jag. I've basically got everything done but I'm a little hesitant when it comes to attaching the mounting bracket to the motor. I reckon this can't be welded due to the electrical stuff inside the motor (theres two big half doughnut magnets glued inside the circular housing - I might be able to remove the rest of the innards) I had been planning on epoxying it but wasn't sure I'd be able to get a good key on both parts (or if it would stand up to weight / momentum of the fans running).

Keen for any suggestions....

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

When the bracket is fixed to the motor its screws into a larger plate which is fixed to the firewall (all the fan and half of the motor is behind the firewall is the ventilation ducting) hope that makes sense

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

• Like 1

Make a tapered split ring to go between that bracket and the larger plate. You'll need to slightly enlarge one of the holes.

PRO_PXT10574_grande.jpg?v=1506369803

When you tighten the bolts it will crush the ring and hold it in place.

/not the easiest solution but it would work.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UTERUS said:

Jesus christ just take it to anyone half decent with a TIG and zing it on. 

Why are you cunts over complicating this. 

Getting it TIG'd on will for sure be the best way to go.

Just throwing ideas around like there is no tomorrow. Out of interest though, would TIG put less heat in than MIG if just doing spots?