Mmmini's new Mini Project 64 Morris Mini Minor

mmmini

I’ve decided to respray her with rattlecans and drive her like that until I can afford a proper paint job. That will stop everyone from asking me when I’m going to paint her but also as I don’t want her to become a big pile of rust while I’m saving up some cash.  Time is a precious resource at the moment so to fit it all in around everything else I’m spraying her in stages. So far I’ve managed to do the drivers side and rear end. I really wanted to do it in a single stage paint as I think that looks more of a 1960’s finish.  My local paint shop could only colour match it into aerosols by doing it as base coat so I’m having to clear coat it.  She looks pretty good from a distance but up close and personal she’s not so flash.

Oddly enough I shelled out a fair few dollars in some flash new wheels. I’d been pining after these for a few years and had never quite convinced myself I should buy them as they are a little bit on the pricey side. I bit the bullet a few months ago so she’s now fitted with a set of some rather lovely Minispares rose petals.  They’re definitely my favourite style of wheel for classic Minis and IMO fits the “no arches” look the best.  

IMG_5711.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1