Stu

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, rusty360 said:

Nice looking cars mate!!

How much of mission was it shoe horning the 4age into the starlet? This is something I have thought about doing for a while, do any of the factory mounts line up etc?

Cheers!!!

Thanks man! The 4age swap wasn't too bad, but there's not alot of space so it takes bit of nutting out to get it to fit while keeping the shaft angles right.  Bring a grinder to the party is all I can suggest :)

22 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Good stuff man! 
You should really think about installing a 3S if you want the AE86 to go any good. 

Bahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah recent acquisition, another money pit :)  Will be a NA 4age in it for now while I gather parts together for a different setup.

Its a series 2 gtx2867 which should wake the starlet up a bit.  I compared the flow maps between the current gt2876, a g25-550 and a few gtx versions and the 2867 looked like a good match, especially as the 2860 on KPR's Hilux goes so well.  Will see how it goes.   Hows the ute going?

Is it a legit AE86? Might be worth more leaving it with an A motor, though my vote is 12 throttle 1GZ (or LS hehe

Truck is coming along at a snails pace, twin turbs sounds good but gotta buy two of everything which is pricey. That 2867 oughta suit the EP nicely, what a/r housing you going for? 

Legit, it will stay 4age I'd say, probably some sort of tame turbo setup?  If I could find another shell thats not worth saving I'd slam a weird engine it in for giggles (no, not a 3s... hi Dave)

Im currently using a 0.72 vband housing so will stick with that as its a bolt in deal.  Also going to be swapping in an 8.9:1 bottom end eventually to wake it up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...