Nick's Datto 1600

NickJ

On 14/05/2019 at 17:19, NickJ said:

Awesome, good man indeed, he doesn't need much to start a good yarn about Datsuns eh!

I guess he's told you all about this one:

P1100142.thumb.JPG.5c77eb55511dc82e0f3fbf965666f6c3.JPG

Be sure to pester him at every opportunity as I do, need to be sure it gets completed in a timely fashion.

Yes he told me about this one, I'll be on his case for sure. I haven't heard anything since it was at the blasters which was a while ago now.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its now at the panelbeaters getting the worst of the rot dealt with, not sure what their exact timeline is but it should be getting close.

That pic is post blasting and looking at the others he sent me, its actually in pretty good shape for a Datsun that hasn't moved for 30 years

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/06/2019 at 21:28, radBMX said:

Hey Nick, where did you get that rubber for the fuel tank from? I'm having some issues with my car and that might be just the ticket. Cheers.

My father actually ordered them from Australia to cover all his collection, i'll try to remember to ask next time I chat.

A quick google brings up a few on ebay so there should still be a few about.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Kimjon said:

How have I not seen this? Beautiful work on that alternator fan...aluminum awesomeness!

Cheers mate, i'm quite proud of the fan, especially retaining concentration while repeating the same sequence many times over!

Only regret that I didn't allow the time to anodise it :( 

If you missed this thread, just think how many other build threads are lurking to soak up your spare time.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Otodat said:

Sounds normal Datsun spec then, never seen one in nz before, quite cool.

It is really cool, I regret taking the motor and really wish it could live, but there is just nothing left of the chassis/bonnet/rear pillar/boot etc etc

27 minutes ago, kyteler said:

There's a music video with a good NZ one in it.  Non 'murka spec bumpers.  White.  Longchamps. Nice car. 

How long ago was that? be cool to see one running

• Like 1
  • Sad 1