KerryTGIs 1988 Hilux

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorts, have used ppg and recently rustkill stuff from mitre 10 and some random old primer I found in the cupboard ( resene I think). Would generally leave at least 24 hrs between brunox to primer then at least another 24 from primer to paint. Rub of scotch brite just before then usually wipe down with thinners ( maybe not necessary but I feel like it makes the paint stick better)  not an expert by any means but seems to work ok for me. Are you spraying or brush, if spraying do a very light coat ( like see through ) first and let it dry a bit then heavier on the next one.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I'm running into a problem bolting my fenders back on. The bolts I took from them were all the same except 2 larger ones underneath. However, several points are unable to be screwed in now. One point directly opposite the other, will not take the same bolt. I've already stripped a couple and snapped one. 

Is this a common issue when threads are left open for a while/older? Do they need to be tapped again?

• 3 weeks later...

spooge it in with your finger or a brush, as long as its on there

i have a pneumatic gun with a metal tube tip that gets in almost anywhere, so you could get a bit of tubing, metal fuel line or something and stick it to your cartridge

• Like 2

Cheers mate about 5 minutes after I commented I realised I should just make the nozzle longer like that. Bit of a fuckin messy job but all those layers that intersect on the edge of the firewall are all gunked up inside and out and can be finished.

• Like 1

The bonnet sits on rubber packers that overlap the fixing points on the guards and the wiper scuttle/cowl is basically a veneer that screws on over top of the foundations. I don't actually know what to call the piece under that because a scuttle seems to be defined and work differently on different vehicles. It's been a bit of a cunt to figure out and I know it's a little on the piss now (3-4mm between each side) but I think there is enough play in everything to get it sitting right again.

• Like 1