Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started disassembly tonight, I had planned ahead some time ago to make it relatively easy to drop it out the bottom, we shall see how that works out. The forklift is an absolutely key item in this endeavor....

Edit; I should have listened to @mjrstar and rebuilt that turbo - I noticed some oil in the intake piping when pulling it out. I have the name of the local turbo guru so I might drop it off to see what the story is. Engine rebuild guy had suggested doing this regardless....

• Like 2

Smart fella like yourself will have it done in a couple of hours. It's been a while but I think they might be left hand thread for compressor nut. 

https://turbobits.co.nz/products/mitsubishi-td05hr-turbo-rebuild-repair-kit-lancer-evo-4-5-6-7-8-9-4g63t

Just mark the compressor wheel to nut to shaft orientation before you start, and make sure it turns freely when you are done. 

Plus if you have clocked either of the housings from the oem pinned positions mark these too to make life easy. 

50 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Smart fella like yourself will have it done in a couple of hours. It's been a while but I think they might be left hand thread for compressor nut. 

https://turbobits.co.nz/products/mitsubishi-td05hr-turbo-rebuild-repair-kit-lancer-evo-4-5-6-7-8-9-4g63t

Just mark the compressor wheel to nut to shaft orientation before you start, and make sure it turns freely when you are done. 

Plus if you have clocked either of the housings from the oem pinned positions mark these too to make life easy. 

Yea I'll get an opinion but probably do it myself...

9 hours ago, mjrstar said:

Took it to the turbo man just now, he thinks it's fine. The oil is almost certainly from the crank breather rather than an issue with the turbo itself.

He was a font of useful info, I pumped him for half an hour or so...

• Like 4

Sounds like a sealed catch can in the breather line should do the trick.

My Hiace was oiling up the intake and boost pipe etc (also blowing out the fucked seals in the old throttlebody)

Now I just drain about 100ml of oil from the tank whenever I do the oil and filter, intake is still spotless almost a year later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raizer said:

Sounds like a sealed catch can in the breather line should do the trick.

My Hiace was oiling up the intake and boost pipe etc (also blowing out the fucked seals in the old throttlebody)

Now I just drain about 100ml of oil from the tank whenever I do the oil and filter, intake is still spotless almost a year later.

Yea thats the go, I'll make a can over the hols...

• Like 1