ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

I like your gratuitous use of red wires.

I would 100% be hooking something up to that backwards down the line when I'd forgotten what I'd done and everything was covered in dirt.

You make a valid point, maybe I will redo that so it is properish. Probably later. The red is all I had for it at the time.

I am not very good at making this stuff tidy as you can see. While doing the cab 12v review I realised I had not labelled anything in the fusebox correctly. I thought pretty seriously about pulling fuses to see what they did and label them such but decided that was future ThePogs problem.

I think the main issue is that I look at wiring from a mechanical engineers perspective. I visualise where a wire needs to go to make things work, connect that wire and that is essentially the end of it. Sensible routing, wire colour and labelling for future reference are not fundamental to the workings I have in my head.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Why hello ThePog.

I wonder what the total unladen weight of the Dynafari is in its current iteration?

I can probably check for real but I would say without tools and an empty water tank we are sitting around 2550 - 2600kg.

This is probably something I need to do to make sure I stay under 3500kg when loading up.

6 hours ago, ThePog said:

You make a valid point, maybe I will redo that so it is properish. Probably later. The red is all I had for it at the time.

I am not very good at making this stuff tidy as you can see. While doing the cab 12v review I realised I had not labelled anything in the fusebox correctly. I thought pretty seriously about pulling fuses to see what they did and label them such but decided that was future ThePogs problem.

I think the main issue is that I look at wiring from a mechanical engineers perspective. I visualise where a wire needs to go to make things work, connect that wire and that is essentially the end of it. Sensible routing, wire colour and labelling for future reference are not fundamental to the workings I have in my head.

If my experience is anything to go by, future Pog won't be happy with present Pog. 

• 2 weeks later...