Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

I've always just done my bumpers in black zinc. If it gets scratched off by scrub or tree branches just touch it up.

Can't touch up powder coat. And unless you zinc or galv under the pc if it gets a scratch through the water gets under and it rusts and lifts off.

• Like 3

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Mof said:

I've always just done my bumpers in black zinc. If it gets scratched off by scrub or tree branches just touch it up.

Can't touch up powder coat. And unless you zinc or galv under the pc if it gets a scratch through the water gets under and it rusts and lifts off.

Yea I guess. Fuck I spend money on black zinc tho.....

Zinc arc spray is pretty good, you can touch it up all nice.

1 hour ago, ThePog said:

Also I still see my Landcruiser every now and then and pine a bit. Mostly because if i had held on to it I would be a millionaire now.

My j78 owes me less than half what its worth.

However I wouldnt pay that much of one. Gutless sack that doesnt drive that nice 

2 hours ago, JustHarry said:

My j78 owes me less than half what its worth.

However I wouldnt pay that much of one. Gutless sack that doesnt drive that nice 

Mine went up in value something like 10 grand in the 6 months after I sold it.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2022 at 21:59, NickJ said:

If only it wasn't a tri-diamond

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSDia8IFYWu/

Also not very sandfly proof for cooking dinner, but some good use of space.

Yea that looks a nice setup, probably way bigger than my truck.

Having camped out a bit in it while doing the Melee last weekend the only issue I can really see with my setup is how to cook in the rain. And a bigger battery so the chiller runs through the night. I have an annex, but maybe an awning would be more useful....

Somewhat of a pain, but that was one of the requirements when we set up the Defender, cook/daily business out of the rain and sandflies

Its kind of tricky and killed useable space, but we've done a few bad weather trips and journeyed sandfly country that proved its worth the effort.

For our fridge I run at 4C while driving and then 8C overnight/parked, this really cuts the power requirements.

Met a guy over summer who had a fold up sitebox on his ute, with the gull wing up it was over headhight shelter, inside he had a legit gas oven and cooktop, the dude was cooking up full roasts on 4wd trips, not to mention garlic bread on lunch stops.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Somewhat of a pain, but that was one of the requirements when we set up the Defender, cook/daily business out of the rain and sandflies

Its kind of tricky and killed useable space, but we've done a few bad weather trips and journeyed sandfly country that proved its worth the effort.

For our fridge I run at 4C while driving and then 8C overnight/parked, this really cuts the power requirements.

Met a guy over summer who had a fold up sitebox on his ute, with the gull wing up it was over headhight shelter, inside he had a legit gas oven and cooktop, the dude was cooking up full roasts on 4wd trips, not to mention garlic bread on lunch stops.

Ha my chiller did that automatically by cutting out in the night and warming to 8 or 9 from 4.

I did ok for cooking, I had mashed spud, carrots and kebabs the first night, fried spuds, carrots and eye fillet the second. It probably just needs a cover of some sort where I am cooking on the deck.

I could probably do a roast in the camp oven if I got excited....