Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I have some pics of that. I did wonder about a 1uz, but as this is intended to work after the zombie apocalypse/mass coronal ejection I preferred a donk with no real electrical requirements.

Edit; reply was to the one above.

I have been fantasizing about a big Cummins, but I figured the td42 was plentiful and relatively cheap.

• Like 4

Alex was telling me about this project when we called through over Christmas, stoked to see it and hopefully a few more progress updates to come!

With a to do list that big, adding the cummins will only take an afternoon at best......

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mof said:

Let me know if you get stuck with the fd42. My work has a Nissan truck wreckers in Dunedin, I could see if they have anything. 

Yea talked to a wreckers in dunners a few days ago, need to chase them to see what he has found, that was about the 5th place I called and the most likely sounding...

• Like 1

Hey bro, mean project, I'm just pondering how the cert will work, I looked at doing something similar a few years ago with putting a series 2A truck cab on a disco chassis I had and my cert guy said that putting a different cab on another chassis then it would be considered a scratch built, so I flagged the idea and pretty much gave it all away, looks like my cert guy may have been full of it?

It is a scratch built because I am messing with the steering stuff.

The to do list I have is mostly made up of relativity simple things, even if there are a lot of them, but the steering box reposition and chassis mods associated definitely put it in that category.