Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yowzer said:

I really think you're worrying about the cooling system way too much. Keep it simple and it'll keep working. 

Great news on the increased boosts though!

Maybe, I just don't trust electricity that much. More cooling can't hurt....

• Like 1

I tend to agree that a well placed radiator is a preferable option to forced electric airflow.

I should be back on Chatham 20th April. My Dyna has a factory air conditioning radiator mounted under the cab. It lies almost horizontal. I'll try to get a photo so you can see if that position could work for you.

I had good results with a Davies Craig electric waterpump on my race car. I also used Redline WaterWeta in the coolant.

7 hours ago, Unclejake said:

I tend to agree that a well placed radiator is a preferable option to forced electric airflow.

I should be back on Chatham 20th April. My Dyna has a factory air conditioning radiator mounted under the cab. It lies almost horizontal. I'll try to get a photo so you can see if that position could work for you.

I had good results with a Davies Craig electric waterpump on my race car. I also used Redline WaterWeta in the coolant.

I'd be interested to see this although I have a spot that I can get decent airflow to without much effort. I had a quick look at standard rads and I reckon an S1 MR2 will fit the space pretty well. I will investigate further.

7 hours ago, Raizer said:

Hiace Super Customs also have radiators flat under the front, they might be worth looking at too?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9kQAAOSwiIhfNMos/s-l1600.jpg

I had a proper look last night, I could probably get that to work. Ideally 500mm wide and 300mm tall with 38mm outlets, might be hard to find.....

• Like 1

Ha I clamped the wastegate shut last night and just now took it for a hoon, it's hitting 15psi at 3.5k but that's as far as the needle goes, it goes like the clappers now.

Also I reckon the Hiace HPR auxiliary radiator is probably the one, it will definitely fit and the outlets will work.

Maybe a bit smaller than I want but readily available...

TYHI-RAD-059.png.10f1f1ce8fee82fc9f7170307350286d.png

TOY-H104A.jpg.48b84a4d63f8af6ce7bd0ed0a6cbd3bc.jpg

I was also thinking I could maybe have a hack at that custom rad that now sits in my shed, cut it down to suit. Ill check it out tonight.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Are you monitoring EGT? Please don't blow it up

Yea I have an egt gauge, the most I saw just now was 600deg pre turbo.

I also just installed a gauge that goes up to 1.5bar if it gets higher than that I will back off the fuel...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

I have a  aw11 mr2 radiator doing nothing if you want it? 

I had a proper measure up last night, it's probably too much of a squeeze unfortunately. Cheers for the offer though..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mof said:

I can't see the mounts in the pics very well, is the rad going to handle being attached to the chassis and the cab ok?

The bottom ones are on soft mounts, and the top one is slightly more rigid but still rubber isolated....

• Like 1