Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ThePog said:

And look at this fully OG Dynafari from some weird parallel universe/thought processes;

image.thumb.png.eb718b39bb05d2434c214cc0a8a7115b.png

If you tidied up that snub nose so it was more of a defender look in terms of lamps, I reckon that'd be pretty decent! 

• Like 4

The voting has opened for that Deboss thing, you cunts made me do it so you had better vote for me.

https://debossgarage.com/ics2021/entry/1615686997-2020-dynafari-scratch-built

It would be super great if you did, I wish I didnt care but i have a certain investment going on now and I cant have the only votes being mine.... xxoxoxx and hugs

• Like 2

Just a quick update, I ordered a new spill rail as I suspected that is what was leaking at number 1 injector.

Getting this was halarious, I needed to rant about it at the time so I posted in the spam thread;

"Fucking Aramex couriers, I ordered a new spill rail last week, tracking says its not yet at Nelson depot, I call in as im passing to ask them to hold it at the depot so i can grab it before the weekend cos we are rural and it can take ages to get sent on, they check all that and say yes no probs.

I get home and the fucking thing is sitting on the doorstep. How fucking shit do your systems have to be to for that to be a thing?"

Anyway I fitted that up and it no longer leaks, yay.

I also entirely u-turned on my hatred of car stereos and installed this;

B2Dj0ix.jpg

I had found the rearview dashcam cam visor thingy ok but not actually super useful in my implementation due to reflections etc, plus I discovered that my AM CB probably wasn't that useful for talking to people, everyone seeming to be on VHF. This left the spot clear for a double din touch screeny stereo on special at supercheap.

This also meant a new rear view camera, so I finished that off tonight.

I also found and fitted most of the original vinyl with sound deadening still attached. This required cutting some extra holes but it fitted surprisingly well. I need to finish that off though, you can just see it in the pic up there.

Also my entry in the Deboss comp seems to be doing well, certainly I have more than the average number of votes. There is one dude who has clearly strongarmed many people into voting for his project which I didn't think was a super interesting one but I guess it's up to the judges in the end.

Edit; this means I have a cb and a rear view dash cam for sale, hit me the fuck up.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, BlownCorona said:

https://hotwheels.mattel.com/explore/en/legends-tour#

image.png.3ab1dd2e5de629ba809eaca754a3fc17.png

if this monster doesnt tick all those boxes then i dont know what does!

Fuck, maybe. It would be kind of cool to win and get a model, however unlikely that would be.

I'm on hols now so we'll see after the weekend.

Cheers for the lovins...

FYI: the triple cab Wild Rides Dyna (Toyoace) lives on Chatham Island now.

It's a complex beast and not without its issues, but it does drive very well

P.S. There's a factory double cab, leaf sprung 4x4 on Chatham too. I know because it's mine :-)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Unclejake said:

FYI: the triple cab Wild Rides Dyna (Toyoace) lives on Chatham Island now.

It's a complex beast and not without its issues, but it does drive very well

P.S. There's a factory double cab, leaf sprung 4x4 on Chatham too. I know because it's mine :-)

Ooooh pics please.. 

And I tidied some stereo related shit today, I thought it might give some of you a laugh;

938275725_IMG_20210404_194253_22.thumb.jpg.11770634159e7752f2392c5937c2c63c.jpg

The red and blue buttons are external volume controls, those were the only two suitable momentaries I had lying around.

The top switch by the vent is to switch in the rear view camera cos I couldn't be fucked dropping the 24v reversing signal down to 12v.

The switch below it is a 3 position; up is normal, mid is stereo off regardless of key position, down switches the stereo on regardless of key position.

The hole below that is for one of those two switches that didn't fit after I drilled it.

And I got rid of the digital clock below all that and remounted the usb port there on a panel, it is all too black to see clearly though...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1