Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

Yea Julian, he seems pretty solid.

Totp edit as that's a pretty dry comment;

It has a low range lever now as well.

I have the castor correction bushes as well, I will try to install this weekend.

Someone give me some fishnets please k thanks.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh awesome! I never realised you had come back on here and started a thread about this after having told me about the dickhead mod at xmas time. Fuck this is looking good! Top work going on. loving your new shed too- damn I bet its a relief not to be shafted with absurd rent anymore.  Looks a lot warmer and lighter too!

We are still planning our similar project with a Bedford K series cab and have found a supply of Safaris. The planning continues- now even more excited after seeing your project.

• Like 2

Yea the shed is awesome, so nice to work in. Way less drop ins wanting expensive gates at Bunnings cost to distract me as well.

Things are coming along well, although I also have been removing bus rust this weekend, but while waiting for paint etc to dry I have been working on the seat mounting.

I need a few Safari bits, do you know of a stash...?

Not a lot happening as i am still broken as fuck, but pain is just signals in the brain so I ignore it and carry on as much as I can.

Passenger seat is in after significant dicking with the engine cover. Way less welding needed to the actual seat though. The inner bit of cover might need a bit more bracing, but it lifts and clears the seat ok. I will make sure the rad cap is positioned in this gap.

ZgrleGp.jpg

zFeurMx.jpg

izpTAa6.jpg

Zmcrgy5.jpg

I even got the wife to sit in it to make sure it was comfy enough for her, she seemed generally satisfied although the hood lining got the stink eye.

• Like 8

Yea ATM there is not a lot of droop, I suspect the shocks might be standard length. This means those bushes probably won't bind, but there will be limited articulation.

When it is running I might take it up the hill behind me, see what it goes like and sort things accordingly.

• Like 1

When I worked for a 4x4 shop in ozz we had a flex ramp set up and it was a real good gauge of how things are working on before and after repairs/builds. Can make changes and re index the vehicle as many times as you like. 

A perfect 100 score is hard to hit but a lot of the hang up is on things like away bars if you have no disconnects. 

EDIT: flex ramp simple as fuck to build 1 ramp at a given incline angle.

It has sway bars but they are surprisingly tiny. I was kind of thinking of going a bit heavier and setting up some disconnects. The reality is the majority of time it will be on road, so massive articulation isnt the primary focus. I will probably have to see how it feels on the road first.

However I am keen to see what it can actually do, and I have some camping plans that will call for it.

I would have thought lockers would be of more use, although it would be interesting to hear peoples experiences with this. It has an LSD rear and an open front ATM.

On 29/04/2019 at 17:10, ThePog said:

It has sway bars but they are surprisingly tiny. I was kind of thinking of going a bit heavier and setting up some disconnects. The reality is the majority of time it will be on road, so massive articulation isnt the primary focus. I will probably have to see how it feels on the road first.

However I am keen to see what it can actually do, and I have some camping plans that will call for it.

I would have thought lockers would be of more use, although it would be interesting to hear peoples experiences with this. It has an LSD rear and an open front ATM.

troll Limmo is actually a good thing. They hang tuff. If it's working id expect it will stay working for a long long time. They actually work very well.

I dear say if you don't need the wheel flex you wont need lockers either but they will never do any harm in a big mud bog.

Iv installed a lot of ARB air lockers the most sketch part is deciding where to drill the housing. But things have changed Electric lockers came in and I  left the 4x4 industry . There is some very good stuff for patrol out there. If you need it if you look on the ozzy market. 

A good upgrade for the future could be GU axels they are a tad wider in track than the GQ. Just a thought.

• Like 2

I thought about gu axles as they have bigger brakes as well apparently, but it will be lighter than a normal saf, so I don't imagine too many issues. I don't imagine that they are dirt cheap either.

This is cool. As I see lots of fabrication made of bits from other things, I do think of the maintenance down the track. Will you write a book, listing where the parts came from (Suzuki this / Nissan that etc) for when / if they need replacing, or label them all on the parts? (Or is that future Pog's/owners problem...)?

• Like 2