Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kyteler said:

What about Dynatrol for a name? Not sure if it's a good idea or not because it sounds like some kind of drug and the Dyna is high as fuck now. 

Shit I forgot that one. I doubt it will catch up to the leaders now though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, felixx said:

keep it agressive. this thing was not built to look soft.

It is the first thread I check on oldschool, infact often it is the only reason I visit the site recently

Cheers man, it's hard to tell if remaking flares and cutting out rust is interesting at all. I guess it's still it's a good record for me of whats been done, I can look back when I'm old and see what I wasted time and money on.

The aggressiveness is probably just the change from the other wheels, it stepped it up a couple of notches for how serious looking it is. I will get used to it no doubt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UTERUS said:

Keep the wheels black, looks dope.

Truck is looking great dude.

Keep in mind you can bring egts down a bit more with more boost too, though you probably know this.

Yea I'm thinking of getting an adjustable boost actuator to blow a bit more through it and lean it out. I'm sure it can be sorted as is with the boost aneroid though. It's not a huge turbo and is probably running out of puff at the top end. That combined with the non compensated fuel delivery it's probably just very rich at the top end.

It's torquey as fuck now, the boost comes on almost straight away, so I'm happy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UTERUS said:

Turn it up, I daily 20psi.

You should totally go for a play somewhere to see what it's like off road, bet it's lol.

I took it up my wee paddock the other day, was convincing from what I could tell. I'll take it up the neighbors paddock when I get a chance, do some skids. It has steep bits too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThePog said:

Mate of mine rolls 20psi, I asked about his egt's, he reckoned 750-800 all the time. It's been like that for a couple of years and hasn't grenades yet. Fuck knows how.

800 is ok if your mechanical sympathy is low. I've hit higher with my 3L plenty, but as long as you have a good flowing cooling system and it's only brief, you're fine.

Just now, Yowzer said:

800 is ok if your mechanical sympathy is low. I've hit higher with my 3L plenty, but as long as you have a good flowing cooling system and it's only brief you're fine.

He is on 37's and has a lot of kit on it so probably not much choice.

He rides it pretty hard too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePog said:

I guess it's still it's a good record for me of whats been done, I can look back when I'm old and see what I wasted time and money on.

Is a suitably good enough reason to post up threads for me too.  Otherwise we'll be there in our retirement homes wondering why the fuck we aint retired in the Maldives on a yacht like those other lucky fuckers. Because we fucked with old car holes for money is why....

But it is fun.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

Well that's a good benchmark. If you dial yours back a touch off what he's running you'll be happy as a Barry at a tractor swapmeet

Yea it recalibrated my expectations, 600 should be absolutely fine.