Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool project, that has come together amazingly fast. We'll done. 

Interested to know how that td05 spools behind the 4.2, and what sort of boost it is capable of.. Do you end up putting new bearings and seals in the turbo or just run it as is? 

8 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Very cool project, that has come together amazingly fast. We'll done. 

Interested to know how that td05 spools behind the 4.2, and what sort of boost it is capable of.. Do you end up putting new bearings and seals in the turbo or just run it as is? 

I started to strip the turbo and nothing really looked wrong, so I thought fuck it and bolted it back together. So far it seems pretty sweet.

The actuator pops at 15psi, although I don't actually know what it will boost to, one of the jobs is to fit a gauge to monitor it.

It has a pretty loud whistle so I can hear it spooling up from 1500rpm or so, @Mof pointed out that it may have a boost leak so I have replaced the gasket into the manifold with a rubbery one as this is pretty much the only place it could leak, so next time I drive it I will see how that goes. I don't think I have had it over 3000rpm yet because of the noise.

It will be interesting to see how it goes at the top end, but even if there is nothing major there I can't see it being a problem as the mid range torque feels really strong.

• Like 4

I built a front bumper, I'm not sure that this is the final bumper but it will do for now.

pM0MaLV.jpg

GIt7Crs.jpg

Also I kind of want to find a proper name, ie for the paperwork if it ever gets certed, I am not sure Dynafari is where it is at..

Any suggestions?

FuckfaceMcFuckstick

Dynafarious

Safgyna

Just some of the unhelpful suggestions by friends etc..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1